1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

error code no bus?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you have a problem with the CCD bus. I want to say on the newer models they switched from a two wire twisted pair to a single wire for the data network. I'm not entirely sure how to check for talk on the data wire but just test each end with a multimeter for shorts or open wires. All my CCD data wires go into a junction box that's part of the fuse panel on the dash. The wiring section in a factory service manual will deffinatley help you out greatly. It will tell you what wires go where and the color of them too.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Ed Mason
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default found no bus problem but now won't start

Problem with no bus was the 20 amp square fuse #2 engine fuse in the power distribution center A14 fused B (+). Vehicle will now crank over but will not start. Engine light blinking. Shows no codes after clearing with on, off, on, off, on. Shows ABS on cluster, gauges work. Used both PCM's, one I purchased remanned and the original. Using ALLDATA download for info, but some tests require DRBIII tool. Any suggestions?

Old 04-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if you wanted to just go to the dealer and have them scan it with their DRBIII tool, that thing will pick up almost anything wrong.
The flashing check engine light means there's a serious problem and the engine will barely run or not run at all. Like when you're driving and you get a lot of bad misfires, the light will start flashing.
If your guages work now it seems you fixed the data bus and now it's just a matter of a sensor or bad wiring. Listen for the fuel pump priming when you turn the key on, then check for spark and check your cam and crank sensors, just go right down the line.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:00 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Have you done a manual reset to the PCM?

Old 04-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Ed Mason
Default Update on no bus error code

After finding out the fuse was blown(Engine #2 funky and expensive 20amp square fuse) and could crank but not start, I noticed that when I tried to start the Durango after sitting all day, it would try to start for a second then back to no start. I put a little gasoline into the throttle body and it would try to start. So I tested the fuel delivery system fuel pump relay 12v output- post 87, and believe it is the fuel pump module. I believe what happened is that the fuel pump shorted out and took out the A14 fused B(+) circuit(fuse) and then caused a no bus error code. The fuel pump relay is on that same circuit as the 12v A14 fused B(+) to the PCM. As soon as I get time I will drop the tank and check for power at the fuel pump module. Does this sound like a good plan? Any suggestions welcome, shortcuts, or better advice?
BTW- thanks for all the help up to this point!

Old 04-11-2011, 08:48 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

did you try starting fluid in the tb while cranking and check for spark first?

Old 04-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Ed Mason
Default 2nd update error code no bus

Pulled the tank tonight and tested the fuel pump module connector for power, has power, hooked up the module by itself to the connector and no pump. Ground was good also at the connector. Definitely the pump. Will update when I get pump in Thurs. or Fri. However, never know if something else is wrong. Vehicle is having multiple problems after paying off the bank. Just replaced the ball joints, tie rod ends and steering rack and new tires. Tires still have nubs on them!

Old 04-13-2011, 12:59 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like you are going good.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Ed Mason
Default It is running!

Installed the fuel pump module and the Durango is back on the road. The wife will be happy and I'll get my 04 2500 cummins back. Thanks for all the help. Hope someone will find this thread useful.
Ed

Old 04-28-2011, 01:24 PM
bigmommaanthony
Default 02 dodge dakota read "no bus

My 02 dodge dakota died the other day out of nowhere it started back and ran for a little bit then died again. Someone told me the transmission speed sensor so i changed it and the camshaft and still no luck please help it wont crank at all now all it does is turns over.......

Quick Reply: error code no bus?