hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Start a new thread.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:35 AM
chance123
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No bus error code

I had the same problem dealer wanted to charge me $1000 to replace pcm. I stopped the order and my car is now fine?.

My car died when the temp was extremely high 114 here in Calif. My concern is that I'm a single mom and want to know if my car is safe to drive, I can't have it stall on the freeways,..

Do you think it is safe to drive?? It has 210,000 original Pcm and motor. LOVE MY DURANGO-SHES BEEN GREAT TO ME!!

Old 09-01-2011, 11:46 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Single mom or not we help everyone and thanks for posting.

This thread has covered different issues, can you be more specific including sounds, year, motor and ANYTHING you can give us can help you in your insurance.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:31 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

assurance

Old 09-08-2011, 02:39 AM
chance123
Default update

Originally Posted by chance123
I had the same problem dealer wanted to charge me $1000 to replace pcm. I stopped the order and my car is now fine?.

My car died when the temp was extremely high 114 here in Calif. My concern is that I'm a single mom and want to know if my car is safe to drive, I can't have it stall on the freeways,..

Do you think it is safe to drive?? It has 210,000 original Pcm and motor. LOVE MY DURANGO-SHES BEEN GREAT TO ME!!
My Durango is 2000- V8. It had been running fine around town for a week than started dying again. Sitting at a light everything is fine no strange noise just stops. Try to start and the starter is working-just replaced that a week before this started happening. When I push it out of the way and sit for a few to alot of minutes it starts, drives a while than wham same thing just dies.

Any help??? Thanks for helping even us WOMEN!! hehehe

Old 09-08-2011, 09:24 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

It really helps to know what exact engine you have. Under the hood there is a decal that will say either 4.7L or 5.9L.

Are you still getting the NO BUS in the cluster when this happens?

It almost sounds like a coil on the 5.9L or a fuel pump on either motor.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:58 AM
chance123
Default Update

My car is the 5.9 motor. I keep trying to think about everything I noticed in my car before it died. When I would drive it first thing it would hesitate and act like it needed gas. I ran lucas gas treatment through it a couple times and it seemed to help. A couple of times when I would stop, the car would hesitate and shimmy, kinda like a hiccup. I would give a little gas and it would be ok for a while. Then my starter died so I replaced that. Drove it for less than a week and now the no bus error code comes on. When I was stalled the first time a nice man tried to help. Listened to where I put in the gas as I tried to start the car and he said he heard the fuel pump? didn't think it was that. Took it to dealer and with their diagnostic tool they said it was the computer-but wanted to charge me $1000. It has been dying so much on me that I'm not driving it right now. Should I order the computer and have a mechanic install it? My worry is that might not be the fix.

Thank you!!!

Old 09-09-2011, 05:26 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

if you order the computer online you can change it yourself its a plug and play change out, but i would listen to hydra and check the fuel pressure first (at idle and when revving the engine)

Old 09-09-2011, 06:41 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

It very well could be the PCM. Now you know what motor is in your truck we can help you LOT'S more!!!!

You can order a new computer that is already pre-flashed and ready for install with the information you have mostly given us. It is very easy to replace it!!!!! You can get one off Ebay for about $280 delivered to your door. You simply give them the information off your truck and miles. So you would give them the year (2000), miles, 4X4 or 2 wheel drive, tire size, and the transmission if they ask is a 46RE.

Here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE...item563e929777

I would call them. It has a lifetime warranty by the way. Once you get it open the hood and look over by the air filter. You will see it plugged in. Very important to unplug the Negative battery cable before you do anything with it!!!!!!!!!!

Next unplug it and remove the screws and mount the new one and plug in. Reattach the negative cable and try to do it in a single mount to minimize spark arching. THen reach in and turn the ignition to the "On" position for a moment and allow the lights to settle. without hitting the gas peddle start the truck and it will run rough and even might die, just let it and do not hit the gas. Run for about 12 seconds then shut off. Next start and drive as normal.

Quick Reply: error code no bus?