1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

ghost in durango

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 10:20 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep on 2000 and newer models you have to go to a dealership and have them reprogram it so it talks with your vehicle and knows which features it has. It is not expensive at all and doesn't take but 30 minutes to reprogram it and like Evon said, you must take it in to at least reprogram your key FOBs.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to make this more confusing than it is but, there is a way to program your key fobs yourself with something like turning the key on and off a few times and holding the driver window up button and when you program a new fob you'll hear a chime, I don't know the exact procedure for it but there is a way. However, your new CTM may still have to be programmed with a VIN or something specific to your D.
Just throwing it out there for all you cheapskates like me haha.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:16 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

your CTM is shot for sure, you need to have it flashed at the dealer as stated above, you should take your remotes with you so that they can be programmed to it. If you have a remote already programmed into the ctm you can use that to program new ones, however it cannot be done w/o this, so you need to take at least one remote w/ you to the dealer.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:22 PM
ttaz63

thanks everyone evon thats what i was thinkig i looked on all data today and it said if the chimes arnt working then it is fried then it said when new one is installed you have to reflash it what does that mean thank for any advise

Old 03-31-2011, 06:41 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

When new one is installed you have to take it to a dealer so they can re-program (not re-flash as they are 2 different terms) it to the exact specifications of your Durango. You don't want it frying itself because it's looking for a signal from somewhere that isn't there.

It doesn't cost much and doesn't take a lot of time at all for them to re-program it.

Quick Reply: ghost in durango