1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Water inside - passenger side ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 02:58 PM
R/T Ralphis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water inside - passenger side ...

Whenever I finish running the A/C and park the car ... seems to be leaking from the passenger side under the dash from where the vent or air comes from ... happen to anyone ? [:@]

Old 06-30-2005, 03:12 PM
R/T Ralphis
Default RE: Water inside - passenger side ...

I have been reading up on it .. there might be water coming back in through the vent at highway speeds ... something else to check for is the drain tube near a firewall .... any other clues .?

Old 06-30-2005, 03:16 PM
R/T Ralphis

Chrysler

Water leak. Chrysler reports that some 2001-04 minivans (Caravan, Town & Country, Voyager) and 200405 Pacificas are prone to leaking water into the passenger-side footwell area when the air conditioning system is operating. The likely souree of the leak is condensation from the a/c evaporator that enters the interior through a gap in the loam gasket that's supposed to seal the HVAC 1 housing to the bulkhead. Resealing the gap with RTV sealant (Part No. 04467708 or equivalent) should keep the carpet nice and dry.

Start the repair by opening the hood. Now go to the rear of the engine bay and locate the evaporator hose drain tube opening. Apply a continuous bead of the RTV sealant to the perimeter of the opening, making sure you seal the joints between the bulkhead and foam gasket and between the foam gasket and drain tube. To complete the fix, allow the RTV to take a set, then operate the a/c system to confirm that the leak has been eliminated.

Old 06-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Last Of The R/Ts
Record Breaker

So did it work?

Old 07-01-2005, 04:25 PM
cooleod

I have the same problem, but mine is after it rains, so I don't think it is the AC. Only on the passenger side though. Good thing I live in San Diego, but when I move to Washington next year it may become a problem. Anybody ever heard of this?

Quick Reply: Water inside - passenger side ...