1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

5.9 Gas mileage

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 04:27 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

sorry if you took that the wrong way then im sorry, but you should get a thicker skin, im not asking to be jackass, i genuinely want to know because so many people have been not reading the rules, makes me wonder if there is a visibility problem with the sticky thread which has the rules, and for all new members sake they should read it because posting in the general section will get your topic 0 views, it is worse for you than it is aggravating for me, i promise.

and btw, that was NOT 'jumping all over a new member', when you see a new member trolling you will see us(not just me) jump on it.

also i would like to note that i DID give you an answer to your question, if i was really trying to scare you away i wouldnt have given you any information, nor would i have moved the thread for you

Old 04-12-2011, 08:32 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Sharps is right.....IMHO

The general section is a wasteland https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-durango-22/, hints the reason I put the STICKY in there! The Mod's get sick and tired of moving posts in there out to the correct generation section even though there are instructions all over and information in Cap's to get members attention.

Could he have said it a different way, it's up to scrutiny, however he did take the time and effort to move your post in the correct generation, PLUS he answered your question. For that I would have apologized, asked questions, and thanked him for his time regardless if I would have been a lil mad. Instead you Quote him and yell at him for something you think he should have done, in contrast looking into this thread I think it went south after that.

It's better to beg for forgiveness, then to put fuel on a fire.....IMHO

Old 04-12-2011, 08:51 PM
samnbensdad
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got to be honest... When I read that post by Shrps, I thought it sounded a little jaded. Actually, Shrps' posts have been very "too the point" lately. He's not typically like that. Actually, he is one of the most helpful members/mods on this forum. He's the young guy with all the knowledge that many of us older guys spent years learning (still trying to learn). I, for one, trust and respect the man... even if he has a bad day every now and then...

Old 04-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yikes!!!! And here, $4 a gallon is not far away in Texas and already $4 in lots of other places and feel sorry for any Chicagoans as they are approaching $5 a gallon! I am waiting for the $4 mark in DFW to give me the excuse to purchase that edelbrok intake manifold and pray that I will get the big increase in mpg that everyone was praising this intake for if you stay lightfoot on the pedal.

I get 10-12 in DFW with 11 avg. But long distance trip, I can hold 14-16.

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
Sharps is right.....IMHO

The general section is a wasteland https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-durango-22/, hints the reason I put the STICKY in there! The Mod's get sick and tired of moving posts in there out to the correct generation section even though there are instructions all over and information in Cap's to get members attention.

Could he have said it a different way, it's up to scrutiny, however he did take the time and effort to move your post in the correct generation, PLUS he answered your question. For that I would have apologized, asked questions, and thanked him for his time regardless if I would have been a lil mad. Instead you Quote him and yell at him for something you think he should have done, in contrast looking into this thread I think it went south after that.

It's better to beg for forgiveness, then to put fuel on a fire.....IMHO

Old 04-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Bill_XR

Either way - thanks or the info. These forums are a great way for people to obtain info, that pre internet would be impossible to get otherwise.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:15 PM
rob[GL]
All Star

If I drive like a little old lady, I get 13MPG.
If I drive like a middle-aged man, I get 10MPG.
If I drive like a teenager... I get 7MPG.

lol

Quick Reply: 5.9 Gas mileage