1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Just Saying Goodbye

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just Saying Goodbye

Well guys this is it, my D bit the dust good this time and is long gone, I've moved onto my new Stratus I got to replace it....which is on blocks right now with it's tranny ripped out, dealer sold it to me and 2 weeks later the tranny blows and they say that sucks can't help you but we have a nice neon out there with your name on it.

Here's some pictures of the remains, just tore through it and took out anything I installed.
Name:  100_4105.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  133.1 KB
Name:  100_4106.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  163.7 KB
Name:  100_4107.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  135.8 KB
Name:  100_4111.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  136.9 KB
Name:  100_4118.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  92.9 KB
Name:  100_4119.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  97.1 KB
So there you have it, it's done, time to move on.

Anyways just giving a heads up I'm leaving the forum here and I'll probably be lurking in the Stratus section once in a while but it's like a ghost town with tumble weeds over there and I usually end up answering my own questions there although MasterTech chimes in sometimes, I'll deffinatly miss how active this section is. Hate to see the D go, it's not the car, it's the memories and fun we had and I tried to hold onto it as long as I possibly could, but this is it.
Don't worry though someday I'll be back when I upgrade and find a 2003 black D with a 4.7L, might be a few years though. I just want a fresh start, pay a good amount for another D and actually take care of it rather than run it to the ground. It will be my dream car then, first mods up are the R/T rims, heated seats, and swapping in an AWD case if it doesn't already have one, this one is going to have the sporty look instead of the tall off roading stance.

Name:  100_3492.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  122.1 KB
Name:  100_3786.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  136.5 KB

By the way, her name was Veronica.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:38 AM
Groggy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude... Sucks, but what killed Veronica off? I have a Stratus too, haven't been in the Stratus Forum yet, but maybe I'll see you over there!

Old 04-17-2011, 12:49 AM
srch4me
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear bout loosin the rango...

Old 04-17-2011, 12:52 AM
MAGIC84
All Star

Dude, sorry about your luck!! Dont be a stranger, just because you have a different vehicle you don't have to leave..... you can still stay on as "Guest Contributing Consultant" There how does that sound? What did kill Veronica though? Other than some surface rust underneath the left passengers door I see no reason to get rid of it...you could keep it as a project car.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:20 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

+1 magic

Old 04-17-2011, 09:16 AM
DrewsDurango98

yea what did kill her? And Im guessing you will be parting it out? how much u want for those tvs?

Old 04-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well what finally did it was yet another clogged exhaust, this time the back pressure was high enough to throw a rod and it must have taken out the oil pump because right after the oil pressure dropped and the engine just seized. So I figured this is the last straw there is no way I'm paying for a new engine so that's that, besides I've always wanted a Black 03 4.7 for the slightly better MPGs and the new interior, R&P steering, 4 wheel disc brakes, and no floor mounted t-case shifter so my 8-track player can fit perfectly in the center now haha, and all the other extra goodies added in. After looking at and adding up all the money I spent on it and seeing it needs a ton more body work and engine work now it's just not worth keeping it. It ran strong for 200K miles and now everything is going mostly because I didn't take care of it, just ran it to the ground as my daily driver and it just got me where I needed to go, the next D will be my leisure drive it if I want to car ha.
The D is already towed away and gone, probably being processed for steel right now to send overseas like most cars are. I parted out a few things like the stereo, tv, and all of the wiring I installed...it had wiring up the wazoo so everything got ripped apart down to the metal. Too me weeks to install and only an hour to take out haha. The stereo, is deffinetly going in the stratus, I don't know about the tv yet, if it fits nicely then why not. I would like to install the overhead console just for the compass, lights, outside temp, and storage because I have nothing on the ceiling in that thing, just one dome light in the center and it sucks. I'm putting the rear view mirror from my D in because it has the auto dim on it which is soooo nice and hopefully I can get the sun visors to fit because they have built in lights and aren't all dirty and ripped like the stock ones in the stratus...oh and they have the 4X4 operation sticker on them so I can brag now about it ha.
Should be interesting, if you have any more questions just ask.

Quick Reply: Just Saying Goodbye