1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Switch in overhead consule for roof rack lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Magoo
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switch in overhead consule for roof rack lights

I'll be adding a roof rack with lighting, and would like to have a "clean" switch somewhere to operate the lights. Is there anyway to change up what is in the overhead consule to have the lights switched there? Garage door opens with remote.

I'm also adding a rear bumper with tire carrier, and will be using the stock spare tire area for an air compressor with air tank, and 2nd battery with the primary battery re-routed to be there as well. Having said that - should the wires for the lights go to batteries first with the switch going back up to the dash? Might be a better install if the wire was to go through the back rather than the windshield.

Any thoughts?

Old 04-17-2011, 02:55 PM
topdogcustoms
Captain

what bumper are you going to use

Old 04-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Magoo
Rookie

http://www.tacticalarmorgroup.com/TA...4/Default.aspx

Tactical Armor bumper - as if there is a choice. I haven't found anything else in 2 years of searching. Many companies said they would "custom make one if I brought them the vehicle," but I feel better seeing what I'm going to buy.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:56 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

you can install a clean looking switch anywhere that you want to put the effort into installing it, you will need to run the lights off of a relay, so the switch powers the relay which will carry the current from the battery (power source) up the lights, bc there simply arent any switches that will carry that kind of current and fit into the interior nicely

Quick Reply: Switch in overhead consule for roof rack lights