1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Best Replacement Parts (Brakes)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Magda7290
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Replacement Parts (Brakes)

I'm hung between choosing which auto parts store I should be shopping at. All within 3 miles I have a Napa, Advanced Auto, Pep Boys, and Auto Zone. Advanced Auto only had remanufactured parts available for my truck, and that's not an option, so that leaves me with the other 3 stores. Pep Boys sells ProStop Brake parts for my truck, AutoZone has Duralast, and then of course Napa has their own brand. Any suggestions or horror stories about certain parts or stores I should choose? Right now I have Duralast replacement pads on my truck and they have worked great, but now my one caliper is shot on the front driver side. Any information would be great, thanks.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:53 PM
srch4me
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the refurbished calipers i put on my rig have worked perfectly

Old 05-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Brekar
Rookie

I would likely go to Auto Zone, mostly because I've had alot of good luck with them, but Napa is pretty damn good to. Personally I'd rather light my car on fire and drive it into a tree than go to Pep Boys again. I had a big problem with them about 4 years ago and now I won't go back to them even if they are cheaper...
I replaced the brakes and rotors on my 99 Durango not to long ago and it only cost me about $100-ish with parts from Auto Zone. I used the Duralast brand and they were a big improvement over what had been on there previously...

Old 05-03-2011, 08:37 PM
gr8scott72
Veteran

If you want an UPGRADE in braking performance, switch over to some Hawk brake pads. Either the LTS or SuperDuty ones work great!

Old 05-04-2011, 10:03 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Auto Zone is cheaper with mostly better warranties. NAPA has great parts as well. I don't like Pep-Boys!

That being said, for brakes I would go to Auto Zone and get their Duralast Gold series brake pads! They flat out kick *** especially with low or no braking dust!

Quick Reply: Best Replacement Parts (Brakes)