1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

electronic brake controller

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Magoo
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electronic brake controller

Looking to rent a trailer in a few weeks, and I wanted to prepare for the electronic brake controller. Following the tread in the DIY section, I see the links for the control harness and the controller itself (part number was changed though on the Prodigy P2).

It looks like might be a pain to get up behind all of the wires that are already there to plug in the harness to the light blue connector, but I guess if there's a will there's a way. The picture on the harness through the link shows a 4 prong connector for Dodge and doesn't match my 3-prong connector.

Do you all think the picture is just generic or is there different connectors for different model years.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:12 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both are correct. The picture is just a generic picture, and there were different connectors throughout the model years. Mine for instance is a different connector than a 2002 Durango. It's not so much a pain to get to as kind of hard finding in the first place. Also, if you're going to rent a trailer, if it's from a place like U-Haul or something it does not require a brake controller, however if it's an actual trailer rental place to rent a cargo trailer or boat trailer etc. you will need a brake controller.

Quick Reply: electronic brake controller