1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

A/C blows just not thru vents

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Nick Bailey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2003 with similair problem, air to the face vents only but it sounds as thought there is a small hurricane in the dash. I assume my problem is the electric actuators or the vacuum line. How hard are these things to replace. Please don,t tell me I have to pull the dash down.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:12 PM
browning725

Originally Posted by devinpitcher
You probably have the electronic controlled one then, since I doubt a damaged vacuum line will just fix itself. Possible, but unlikely.

Let us know if you ever find anything out later on.
It'll be about a month before I'll be able to actually get to it. Doing some training in the Mojave Desert for the good ole USMC, lol. I'll post as soon as I have an update. Thanks again.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:06 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Bailey
I have a 2003 with similair problem, air to the face vents only but it sounds as thought there is a small hurricane in the dash. I assume my problem is the electric actuators or the vacuum line. How hard are these things to replace. Please don,t tell me I have to pull the dash down.
A 2003 as Sharps stated has electric actuators, no vacuum. With that said, you need to get down and manually check to see if they are working and fully seating the dampers or not.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:52 AM
selkov
Rookie

I have an 02 4.7. It has electric actuators. I have suffered this issue several times. Never been the actuator but it has been a combination of screws and washers to adjust the fittment of the pivot points on the blend doors. they seem to deform over time and careful shimming will fix it. Sorry, yes you need to drop the lower portion of the dash.,,,,

Old 06-17-2011, 04:45 PM
rob[GL]
All Star

My 2000 Durango will switch between vent positions just fine... It just seems to take a while sometimes. Sometimes it's instant, other times it takes a minute or two.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:35 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by rob[GL]
My 2000 Durango will switch between vent positions just fine... It just seems to take a while sometimes. Sometimes it's instant, other times it takes a minute or two.
Mine does the same thing. The reasoning behind it is because our 2000 models still had the pneumatically actuated doors so sometimes there's a bit of lag after switching.

Quick Reply: A/C blows just not thru vents