1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

'99 Durango IAC Write-up with pics?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 07:46 AM
jfxj67
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 Durango IAC Write-up with pics?

Hey guys,

My niece is about 1,000 miles away from me in Boise, ID and she's throwing a P0505 in her '99 Durango with a 5.2L. Not only is it idling weird, but the fuel gauge hasn't been working since the CEL came on. She just called me this afternoon crying and said she ran it out of gas again while driving around with her 3 kids.

I can't believe the most shops in her area want $225 to swap out the IAC, when we can get on at the zone for $39!!!

I'm hoping you guys can help?

I did a brief search looking for an Article on AIC replacement, but i couldn't find what i was looking for. Is anyone familiar with a Write-Up on this?

I think it might be best at this point just to replace it, instead of trying to clean it, ya know?

Basically, we just need to know what size Torx screws hold on the AIC on the back of the TB... and maybe a few pics. My Girl is sharp as a tack, and can easily fix it herself with only a few pointers along the way!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by jfxj67; 11-15-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jfxj67
Hey guys,

My niece is about 1,000 miles away from me in Boise, ID and she's throwing a P0505 in her '99 Durango with a 5.2L. Not only is it idling weird, but the fuel gauge hasn't been working since the CEL came on. She just called me this afternoon crying and said she ran it out of gas again while driving around with her 3 kids.

I can't believe the most shops in her area want $225 to swap out the IAC, when we can get on at the zone for $39!!!

I'm hoping you guys can help?

I did a brief search looking for an Article on AIC replacement, but i couldn't find what i was looking for. Is anyone familiar with a Write-Up on this?

I think it might be best at this point just to replace it, instead of trying to clean it, ya know?

Basically, we just need to know what size Torx screws hold on the AIC on the back of the TB... and maybe a few pics. My Girl is sharp as a tack, and can easily fix it herself with only a few pointers along the way!

Thanks in advance!
Here is the thread on cleaning the IAC and throttle body, there are no pics but alot of good info that you may need.....

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...ttle-body.html

IMHO, if it where me, i would not only change the IAC but, the TPS and give that throttle body a good cleaning as well... just my 2 cents.....HTH

Old 11-17-2011, 01:59 PM
jfxj67
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone on one of my Cherokee Forums found this link for us.

The pics are very helpful...

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...n-the-iac.html

Just thought i would try to follow-up on this thread for the next guy that comes along.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: '99 Durango IAC Write-up with pics?