1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

does anyone know if this will solve my stalling issue on my 2000 durango??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 11:05 AM
mikul515
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool does anyone know if this will solve my stalling issue on my 2000 durango??

I bought the truck a few mos. Ago, after awhile she started to stall during normal City driving..highway is ok, because I guess all the fresh air from under the truck keeps her cool...the City is when it gets so hot it shut everything down.and I get the no bus code..ive Changed wires, plugs, cap rotor, cam sensor, pick up sensor, ignition coil, and the starter, but stgill during the local City driving is when she stops running. Then I must let her cool down, ...after 1/2 hr. Or so she starts, but I need to get off the road.(until fully cooled)..SO NOW OIM GONNA SEND THE COMPUTER OUT ,TO get flashed, ..MY QUESTION TO ANYBODY WHO KNOS THIS YEAR DURANGO...WILLTHE NEW COMPUTER STOP THIS TRUCK FROM shutting DOWN???OR AM I JUST WASTING MORE MONEY?? AND WHAT ABOUT TRYING TO MOUNT AN AFTERMARKET FAN OF SOME SORT NEAR THE COMPUTER, SO IT WILL KEEP A LITTLE COOLER DURING MY CITY NIGHTMARES

Old 06-26-2011, 11:12 AM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

My fear is that your computer is fried and flashing it will do no good. Open it up to see what the inside looks like and see if you find any burn marks. If you do... Hear's your sign.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:42 PM
mikul515

The local companies say they can't get a "new" computer,they need the old one first...when they get the computer, can they rebuild it to new?, or can they only flash it ?

Old 06-26-2011, 06:05 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

They can only flash it because basically rebuilding it is the same as puting a new one in. In order to rebuild a computer you have to put all new insides in the old case so as long as you're not getting a "used" computer, you should be fine. Honestly I've never heard of rebuilding a computer but as for sending it off to them, they're more than likely just going to flash it.

I'd not even bother sending it out and take it to a dealer and have them flash it, you'll get it back quicker and it will be a more solid flash and if it doesn't fix the problem you're at the right place to figure out the problem.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:12 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

you can also buy new pcms on ebay, preflashed plug and play units so you dont have any downtime in that situation either (as long asyour pcm is still running the truck)

Old 06-27-2011, 03:13 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes,

Intermediate shut down after the PCM gets too hot will cause a shut down and "no bus" code in your odometer. I would replace the PCM like Sharps stated.

One way to verify this is you can get some ice in a plastic bag doubled a few times and place it on the PCM. Take it for a drive and see if it stops the issue, then you know for a fact. Don't get the PCM wet. You can also check the connections on it to see if they are tight and not corroded, put remember to disconnect the Neg battery cable first.

Quick Reply: does anyone know if this will solve my stalling issue on my 2000 durango??