Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

now now children, play nicely...

Old 07-22-2011, 04:11 PM
98RangoSLT
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
Oh my, I have a stalker.

Nope Detective Columbo. Brand new NOW for the rear. That post you sleuthed was when I was resetting the CEL due to my front O2 finally getting a mind of its own.

My post you linked was in Feb 2008. Here in 11/30/2008 the front was actually swapped. The info and photos may be useful for someone in the future here at DF:
http://www.durangoclub.com/forum/vie...ighlight=p0420

Now my rear STOCKER 229,000++ O2 is bad/going bad more often and needs swapped once I get under there again. As I stated yesterday, it is still new and in the garage. Need a current photo of that new and still not installed O2 and today's newspaper dated headline as proof Detective??

Last time I tried to swap it, I couldn't get it to turn. In the same thread you smartassedly linked, posts in 12/09 and 3/10 I refer to the rear acting up occasionally. Here is a post 2 years, just last June where I reference the rear O2 purchased that is still in the garage today. http://www.durangoclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136941

Let's get up a little earlier in the morning next time, shall we

HS, as for you... bite me.

IndyD
I'm not stalking you, it was actually just a coincidence that I stumbled upon that thread and noticed that you were in the conversation. But when I research this issue on Google you can only expect that I am going to find similar threads. My original post was a whole lot more smart-assed, I toned it down because I am new here. (I see that you edited your post to be more smart-assed than it was originally.)

Not trying to offend you I just thought it was funny that you wrote the exact same thing three and a half years ago. Do you save copies of your previous posts or something?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:33 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HS...

98Rango... its all good. Do I save copies of old posts? No. I just often have been through personally the same situation as most posts here and remember that I have/had a post related to that on my own sometime earlier. With 12 years and 229,000+ miles, there is little "new" to experience on the Gen1 Durango that I haven't dealt with. Thus it is easy to recall my own personal situation and recap it again and again. Instead of just linking to the DOC, it is good to add value to DodgeForum here and post the details in the thread here. That's all. Cut and Paste is following the "no need to reinvent the wheel" stuffs.

As for me being the smartass... uh... yea. Most likely. Sorry about that.

In the end, I hope the info helped you too. Specific to our O2s, if you can reset the CEL and keep it off for a few thousand miles miles over and over and over instead of just swapping it out, you can still get good drivability and add months or years to the life of the unit with little side effects. Like I said, my rear O2 is still the original. Based on the quality of gas I get, the CEL stays off most of the time. I can reset my own CEL so I just never let it stay on for more than the time it takes to get home and clear the code.

Honestly, HTH.

IndyD

Last edited by IndyDurango; 07-22-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:16 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 98RangoSLT
My original post was a whole lot more smart-assed, I toned it down because I am new here.

There's a few smart asses around, but all be the dumb ***!....

Old 07-28-2011, 10:27 PM
98RangoSLT
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HS...

98Rango... its all good. Do I save copies of old posts? No. I just often have been through personally the same situation as most posts here and remember that I have/had a post related to that on my own sometime earlier. With 12 years and 229,000+ miles, there is little "new" to experience on the Gen1 Durango that I haven't dealt with. Thus it is easy to recall my own personal situation and recap it again and again. Instead of just linking to the DOC, it is good to add value to DodgeForum here and post the details in the thread here. That's all. Cut and Paste is following the "no need to reinvent the wheel" stuffs.

In the end, I hope the info helped you too. Specific to our O2s, if you can reset the CEL and keep it off for a few thousand miles miles over and over and over instead of just swapping it out, you can still get good drivability and add months or years to the life of the unit with little side effects. Like I said, my rear O2 is still the original. Based on the quality of gas I get, the CEL stays off most of the time. I can reset my own CEL so I just never let it stay on for more than the time it takes to get home and clear the code.

Honestly, HTH.

IndyD
I figured it was something like that. It's not hard to come across your name looking for info on the first gen D. I can tell that you have had some experience with this vehicle and have contributed a lot, thanks for that. Free technical support is invaluable.

Yes this info helped me. It helped me realize that I need to get rid of this thing. I love it but the gas mileage is brutal and it's my only car. I am going to trade it in for a coupe or sedan before everything starts going out on it. haha

Quick Reply: Incredibly horrible gas mileage