1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Oil pressure - Check Gauges Light

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 10:36 PM
redbrd19
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure - Check Gauges Light

Been looking through this site about intermittent low pressure readings. Have sinced replaced the PCV valve and the pressure sending unit per most advice on here.

After I get everything back together and start it up, it now shows no pressure, and the check gauges light stays on. I added oil, and the stick reads "safe level". It seems to be pumping the oil through the engine, at least the dipstick looks like it. Could my new pressure sending unit be bad? If so, is it bad to drive it until I can replace it tomorrow?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,

2001 SLT 5.9

Old 07-24-2011, 11:06 PM
redbrd19
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never mind! Put the old one back in and it works. Must be a bad unit. Amazing how much easier it is to get to the second time around.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:04 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Always ensure the oil is all the way to the "Full" mark. I understand that "Safe" is safe, however the full marks ensure as much oil can fit in it which ensures the best lubrication and easy pick up. You could also replace the oil filter because if it is plugged or bad element you will get a low oil reading because the sending unit is after the filter. I use Bosch filters.

Quick Reply: Oil pressure - Check Gauges Light