1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Help spindle

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 10:57 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing is going to "rust away." What "experience" or is it hear say? The bolts are 100% fine. A oversized bolt is the tiniest of sizes bigger than a stocker bolt. Nothing to do anything other than catch and grip.

While there is nothing wrong with the heli, other than just paying more for it and its harder to install. The bolt just works. Be careful with it thus to NOT strip it out again. Lack of care twice and heli is your only remaining option.

IndyD

Old 08-01-2011, 03:31 AM
srch4me
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

talkin from experience indy... tried the oversized bolts but the threds on teh knuckle just went kaput... i dont do here say crap... i have both bolts on the truck helicoiled and it worked better than the oversized bolts that rattled out after the holes rusted more... personally i prefer the helicoil. yeah it might cost more but in the end it worked the best for me... just my experience. if his original bolts wont catch and grip then the oversized bolts wont have much to catch and grip either... which is what happened on mine

Old 07-27-2012, 02:50 PM
cshaf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heli coil help.

need to heli coil steering knuckle i see on here ineed m9x1.25 kit, is this correct?, what size drill bit do i need?. thanks very much for help...

Quick Reply: Help spindle