1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

I am so new to this

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 04:45 PM
samnbensdad
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pressure at the fuel rail should be 50 psi (+/- 5).

Old 08-03-2011, 06:00 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

It is actually:

FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE
339 kPa +/- 34 kPa (49.2 psi +/- 2 psi).

But close enough. You should measure the fuel pressure at normal operating temp and after 5 minutes of running. It should also be at idle when testing. But I like to see it above 50 psi or so.

She has a 4.7L motor, so it is not as picky as the 5.9L and 5.2L engines, however I would not buy any platinum plug for these trucks.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Chris_Gorham
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

probably the PCM if the engine keeps cutting out...if it hasn't been replaced by now then its been a miracle...well documented D issue...
fit a brand new OEM or you'll be sorry if you try to go cheap on Ebay - reconditioned are absolute no no
surging engine could be the Idle Air Controller, easy fix or possibly if you've bought a new carpet or mat for the driver side then its could be jammed under the acclerator...
yes it is possible because that, after the vast expense of replacing every sensor around the engine and the throttle cable was the cause in my case...

Chris

Old 08-04-2011, 11:35 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tressa5
What?? diy section? very new to all this lingo and forum talk. I need more info to get around in here. srch4me Explain better please. And were you speaking of the throttle body cleaning?
The Do It Yourself (DIY) is a link on the main page here in the 1st generation Durango section on the sticky's at the top of the page, but here is a link: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...wers-faqs.html