1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Found part of my rough idle!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 05:11 PM
mvoss2576
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found part of my rough idle!

Ok.. a little over a month ago I had the engine replaced in my 99 D, found out that either the mechanic didn't replace, or botched the plenum gasket, so I have to get that redone, and I am sure that is causing part of the rough idle.

But before I had to get a new engine, I had replaced all my plugs, wires, etc. so I didn't think anything about it, until a few nights ago when I was looking under the hood in the dark and saw a lot of sparks... plug wires were zip tied together and I have found at least one that was damaged. This really ticks me off, so until I can get to replace them (again) I just wrapped it really good with electrical tape, which cut down the sparking. I also removed the zip tie.

when I replace them (again) this time I am thinking about running a portion of them through that electrical type conduit, keeping them separated. Anyone have any thoughts about that?

Old 10-01-2011, 05:39 PM
FirePro911
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What type of wires did you use? Mine are zip tied together to keep them away from the headers and I get no sparking.

I use 7mm Silicone SuperMag from ORiellys.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:00 PM
mvoss2576
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the brand was OmniSpark or something like that. the reason they sparked was the mechanic tore the shielding on one... wasn't a little tear either. I know they aren't expensive in the scheme of things, but every dollar counts right now.

Quick Reply: Found part of my rough idle!