1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Need Help Putting Her Back Together

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 08:03 AM
silvertab79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Putting Her Back Together

I attempted to change the heater core in my 98 Durango and was unable to get the dash completely out. Well I need to drive this vehicle and since i was unable to do it I started putting it back together... now Im having problems... I have the dash back in place and reconnected most of my wires. I have noticed that when I turn on the vehicle now that my brake lights are always on. The other problem is when I lowered the sttering column the wire used to tell you on the instrument cluseter what gear you are in was pulled out of the square terminal and now I have no guess which gear I am in. There is a wire that is attached with a black plastic tab to the metal bar that is screwed in directly beneth the steering column that looks to have a broken connection where the 2 black wires are twisted over and over each other that I cannot find where it is connected to. Please HELP!

Old 10-09-2011, 02:07 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Check the brake switch at the top of the E-brake. You also can try to push the brake up farther and see if it goes off. If it does replace the switch or adjust.

Here for you indicator: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-durango/262363-wont-start-in-park-but-will-start-in-n-also-has-a-hard-time-shifting-into-2nd.html

Quick Reply: Need Help Putting Her Back Together