1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Help, Electrical plug

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 05:46 AM
oklahomafbody
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, Electrical plug

On the 01, 4.7 2wd, I pulled the lower radiator hose earlier and noticed a plug hanging down that Im unsure if it was already unplugged before I got in there. I could not find anywhere that it would go, I will get a picture in the daylight if I need to. Both washer pumps are plugged in still. It comes out from under the computer along with 2 other small harnesses. Its Just a small square 2 pin plug. I have not put the truck back together/started it yet so I dont know if everything is working right or not. It seems to lay by/under the accumulator. Could not locate an open plug for it to go onto but didnt look too hard cause its below freezing and I was doing this in a short sleeve shirt. Probably would have been easier to remove the fan and shroud to get this hose off but anyway. Its an early 01 with the 3 main large plugs on the computer if that helps any. No foglights, but the plugs are tied up for them on the harness underneath the front. Dont know what other info somebody will need other than a picture. Does this maybe go to a pressure switch on the ac line somewhere? its probably an 8 inch harness so it doesnt go far.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:43 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It sounds like the overhead display temp sensor that is located by the passenger side head light, if the overhead display is even installed in your truck. If not then it is just a dead harness. Also check the low pressure A/C switch.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:38 PM
oklahomafbody
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awww ok, sounds reasonable to me, its right in that area on the 98, but my 01 Dont have the overhead. Didnt even think of that. Thanks Hydra.

Quick Reply: Help, Electrical plug