1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Posible water pump leak?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 01:00 PM
justin101
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Posible water pump leak?

Got home from work today and my D is leaking radiator fluid. It was raining outside so i only took a quick look to see where it was leaking from. It was leaking onto the cam shaft pulley and spewing it everywhere until i turned the truck off then it was a solid line of coolant dripping from the cam shaft pulley but not leaking from the pulley it self? Is the water pump right above it?

Old 11-10-2011, 07:09 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

if you mean crankshaft pulley, then yes it is located right below the water pump pulley

and i would open the hood and look down from above to see where it is actually leaking from, however chances are its your water pump.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:39 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like shrp said if it's leaking on the crankshaft pulley it is the water pump, also you should check the thermostat gasket/housing because I've seen it more than once where it will leak out and down the front side and appear to be a water pump.

While replacing the water pump, if that's the case, it would be a wise idea to replace the serpentine belt at the same time because coolant wreaks havoc on a serpentine belt.

Quick Reply: Posible water pump leak?