1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

99 durango infinity 6 disk changer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 03:39 PM
FourxFourD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 durango infinity 6 disk changer?

Hey guys I'm new to the site and I'm sure ill get my nubee initiation over the next several posts but hey that's how the forum world works...lol I had the pleasure of finally picking up my much longed for Dodge Durango a couple weeks ago and had a few questions ill get out over the next few days. Im not too familiar with dodge vehicles but am very mechanically inclined and do all my own work...So for starters I have a 99 Durango slt 4x4 with the infinity sound package...does anyone else have a 6 disc changer installed in the center console because i cant find anything no matter how i google search it. Problem im having is the cable running from the changer to the dash has no where to connect to the head unit, i found the amp nowhere to plug it into there either any ideas? Doesnt look aftermarket as the console looks as though it was made to hold it ( no chopped up console plastic or improvised mounting looks factory?)

sorry for the lengthy post they should be shorter from here on out any help or comments are appreciated.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:50 PM
RollerRed
Veteran

I have never seen a six disk changer, could you take a pic of it and post it?
That might help alittle

Old 11-12-2011, 11:52 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

i have seen them, but only in trucks with the new interior

Old 11-13-2011, 10:42 PM
FourxFourD

Its been a busy weekend for me but ill get some pics up tomorrow for you guys to check out. Like I said it def looks factory the piece in the console is perfectly molded for it and everything. Ill pull out the molded piece too and try and get some pics of the mounting as well. Personally I think the infinity sound set up they put in these things was garbage. The Amp only makes the quality worse and from my understanding ill have to bypass it to put in something aftermarket. Dont plan on "Souping" the thing up as its not practical for a 4x4 vehicle just my TC lift and tires is all i need

Old 11-16-2011, 04:56 PM
DurangoRT/RN
Rookie

I doubt it's factory. JMO
But it was NOT available as an option in 2001?

Old 11-16-2011, 11:26 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

it was an option in 2001 and newer, i know its one of the few options my truck did not have.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:17 PM
FourxFourD

Hey guys I got these pictures taken, im 99% sure its factory all the mounting is made perfectly to fit, the changer is a factory Chrysler 6 disc changer, and its not anything thats easily removed the whole center console has to be removed to install or remove it.

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/p...o/IMAG0149.jpg
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/p...o/IMAG0154.jpg
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/p...o/IMAG0155.jpg

Old 11-17-2011, 06:22 PM
FourxFourD

Its just odd to me because I cant find anything online about a 99 Durango having a 6 disc changer. My whole for reason for this posting is to try and figure out where this thing plugs into. I didnt see any sort of receptacle for it in the back of the radio or in the Amplifier under the passenger side kick panel. Just doesn't make any sense at all. I highly doubt its aftermarket though because the changer has a Chrysler logo on it, stock headunit and speakers are all in, this things pretty much how it would of came of the lot. Could it have just came 6 disc changer ready?

Old 11-17-2011, 07:16 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

Originally Posted by fourxfourd
hey guys i got these pictures taken, im 99% sure its factory all the mounting is made perfectly to fit, the changer is a factory chrysler 6 disc changer, and its not anything thats easily removed the whole center console has to be removed to install or remove it.

that definitely looks like a legitimate chrysler part, and i would expect the blug to be in the back of the radio for it, however i dont have the wire diagrams for that year available

Last edited by shrpshtr325; 11-17-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FourxFourD
Its just odd to me because I cant find anything online about a 99 Durango having a 6 disc changer. My whole for reason for this posting is to try and figure out where this thing plugs into. I didnt see any sort of receptacle for it in the back of the radio or in the Amplifier under the passenger side kick panel. Just doesn't make any sense at all. I highly doubt its aftermarket though because the changer has a Chrysler logo on it, stock headunit and speakers are all in, this things pretty much how it would of came of the lot. Could it have just came 6 disc changer ready?

IMHO, I would be willing to bet somebody was in a pick & pull yard and found it in another dodge, thought it was cool, pulled it and did a mod to put it in there D to make it look factory...

Quick Reply: 99 durango infinity 6 disk changer?