1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Newbie checkin in

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 10:10 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

well thats a different story if it was a recalled part that failed, although i have to ask why 3k mile changes? the manual calls for 7500 iirc on my 4.7 (2002), we do 5k mile changes for simplicity of it.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:41 AM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome and congratulations on getting rid of the Ford (I really dislike fords alot aka hate not trying to offend anyone). My overhead is the exception to how accurate they are it seems like. Mine is always within .2mpg, plus or minus.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Bobman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adukart
Welcome and congratulations on getting rid of the Ford (I really dislike fords alot aka hate not trying to offend anyone). My overhead is the exception to how accurate they are it seems like. Mine is always within .2mpg, plus or minus.
Oh man... don't hate *all* Fords!!!!

Also, I think the overhead displays are fairly accurate over a longer period (i.e. 3-4 tanks without a reset), at least mine is. Over the summer I show 18.2 consistently, and when I calc it out I'm getting 18. Right now I'm showing 16.8 over the past 3 tanks, and calculating it out shows 16.9. I attribute the change to it being wintertime, I run my tires a bit softer now, and I use 4WD more often.

FWIW, I usually don't reset my overhead until I do an oil change as I use it to keep track of my total miles.

Now, the "DTE" function (distance to empty) is a COMPLETELY hypothetical number!!! I've seen mine stay on 200 miles for better than 30 miles of driving.

Bob

Old 01-13-2012, 09:29 AM
mikeismadness
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
well thats a different story if it was a recalled part that failed, although i have to ask why 3k mile changes? the manual calls for 7500 iirc on my 4.7 (2002), we do 5k mile changes for simplicity of it.
I really couldnt tell ya why they did it. Honestly I didn't know 4.7s oil change intervals. It's possibly my parents didn't know either. But the good thing was dodge stuck by and fixed it! Kinda funny we got the recall notice in the mail 2 weeks later. Came with 2 recalls, the oil pump and gauge cluster. First thing out of my mothers mouth "oh that's why the temp gauge says WAY hot"

Old 01-13-2012, 09:35 AM
mikeismadness
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adukart
Haha I can't hate on every Ford, I love love love broncos but the wife made me get rid of it cause she said it was too hard to get the car seats in it. It only had 6" of lift. And she's only 4'11" Haha. I loved the expeditions style and power, but i was sick of fixing it everyday. Plus I like the durango way more!

Quick Reply: Newbie checkin in