1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Electrical prob, CTM or a Match

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 10:04 AM
RyanEngland
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I have a feeling that is the issue after doing further research. What a goofy issue! I'm going to locate a CTM and give that a shot in hopes I can find one for a decent price. Thank you for the tips and insight, I am very grateful and will post with an update. All the best.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:02 AM
RyanEngland
Default CTM Configure

So I located my CTM. Also I paid close attention to that noise and it is coming from the CTM itself.. JJPHURST, does a CTM always have to be programmed and/or flashed with my VIN before installation. Or may I be able too install this as is with no programming? You said the selling company may be able to flash it for me and I will look into that for certain. I was just curious if it would already be compatible to just swap if it was the exact part. Any advice would be great! Thanks.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:24 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget that you will need to have all of your keyfobs present when the new CTM is programmed as otherwise they will not work.
This is another reason why the dealer gets this job most of the time.

When my CTM was installed by the dealer in my previous 01, the bill was close to $400.
The module alone was $250 IIRC.

Don

Old 08-27-2013, 12:11 PM
RyanEngland
Default CTM replacement

Yes the dealership sure does know how to make a buck. You have to be resourceful if you want to save and these forums are a huge help. I bought a used CTM for just under $100 with some negotiation on Ebay. I have an appointment in a few days to get it flashed/programmed for another $90 so I'm sitting at $200 total. Not to bad considering the alternatives. But it's all in how much you research and time put in learning. Thank you for the tip on making sure to have all my fobs. I am hoping this CTM will be able to accept the reprogramming. Thats the last step and I'm home free. I will post my results. Thanks again Dodge gang.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:38 AM
RyanEngland
Default Odd security symptoms, CTM

A couple of other symptoms I've noticed has been when my door is open with the lights on. If I just barely put pressure inward on my key while in the cylinder it will render a chirping sound from the CTM, as well as flash the domes and dash lights etc. Now what really interested me was on the "left" side of the steering column, with both top cover off and bottom cover loosened, there is a rectangular black box with wiring going into it. If I push ever so slightly onto this box it will render the same symptoms as if I pushed on the key as described above..? Are these still CTM symptoms?? I hope. Part of me wants to be certain that there are no loose connections in the steering column but I really dont know what that black box is and accessing it seems exstensive. I hope this CTM is the cure for all this weird stuff. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Electrical prob, CTM or a Match