1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Need info on a '99 Durango

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 09:09 PM
RollerRed
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im gonna go with what everyone is saying about going with a non modified D. I had two in mind when buying my D. One was had a 3" body, and the 2" T/S lift. Running 34's with alot of cutting. 5.9L with shift kit, blah blah, 140K miles. Test drove it in town, no worries, took it up to 60 and what do you know, OD didn't want to kick in. I asked him why? He said it never has, But he had driven it for 40K miles like that with no problems...hmm...Then I found mine at a dealership...Not one modification to it. I bought it and haven't had a real big problem yet even though mine had 3 PO's and 146K on it...If you want to modify a D. Get a used one and do it your self That way you know what has been done, and that it was done right!

Old 01-15-2012, 03:20 PM
lbzrango
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally im not a fan of either vehicle, i dont mean to come off as a dick!

Im a honda guy as well, but the accord is not my style.. (the looks anyways) if the car was left with oem parts and paint it would be worth more.. i only know this because i buy and sell hondas all the time.

I think your best bet you be to sell the accord, and buy something that has not been modified.. like others have said! just my .02 cents, again, not trying to be a dick!

Quick Reply: Need info on a '99 Durango