1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

headlight bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 01:02 AM
otgarzā
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default headlight bulbs

Im getting some new headlight assemblies and i wanted to get new bulbs as well. Im looking for the brightest bulbs i can get without installing an hid kit. I have looked at silverstart ultras and philips xtreme power. Just recently found some piaa super plasmas as well. Wondering what you guys think or have found something better? Thanks for the input.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:51 AM
mikeismadness
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If u want broght, you gotta go with hid kits. You'll get good lighting out of those bulbs, but ultimately hids are the brightest, why don't u want to go with hids?

Old 01-31-2012, 09:17 AM
03SxtD
Rookie

Silverstar ultra's will give a nice upgrade above the stock bulb. Of course if your new headlights have projectors in them than HID's would be a great upgrade as well. However, assuming they are reflective housings than I would take a deeper look into those silverstars

Old 01-31-2012, 10:39 AM
RollerRed
Veteran

I have the silver star zx2 i think they are called. bright as hell. I repointed the headlights after installing and still have people shine their highs at me...so i shine back and they get blinded. lol

Old 01-31-2012, 10:42 AM
mikeismadness
Veteran

Lol I'm waiting on my relay harness for my HIDs. I will never keep halogen bulbs over HIDs

Old 01-31-2012, 04:31 PM
otgarzā
Captain

Originally Posted by mikeismadness
Lol I'm waiting on my relay harness for my HIDs. I will never keep halogen bulbs over HIDs
What hid kit do you got? and i want to get hids but a lil later right now im savin up for new 20" rims and new tires. Also tryin to get a new trans pan and upgrade some suspension parts. I dont wanna cheap out on a kit either i want to look for sumthin descent.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:30 PM
lvphotos
Veteran

Silver star is best I have used, little disappointed in HIDs. I stick out as it is and not one to be the a-hole blinding others. My lights are just high enough to hit most rearviews. The Magnet hi/low is bs. Like the light out put but can't turn on fogs without pissing off truckers. That was the whole point of going brighter was so I can see when I travel. Mine are Diamond Brite, not blllllluuuuee, or lavender. I run the one piece reflection house, and stock fog. Stock housing should not be used with HID. Another issue for cops to pull you over if they want. :}

Old 01-31-2012, 10:24 PM
otgarzā
Captain

No stock housing getting some halo lights. I might just try a few bulbs to see what i like. So far ive been told to try the silverstars and my dad has had piaa's in his truck for about 3 years and theyre pretty bright.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:32 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

All I buy is Silverstar Ultra for Night Vision. I run them in every car/truck I own period.

HID look cool, but I don't think they are any better personally, plus you get noticed buy every cop that drives buy. I would much rather have plug and play and something that looks normal over bringing cop to my attention, I have enough issues with them as it is, don't need any help ya know?

The Silverstar's are white light and that is what I like, plus no headaches installing HID or dealing with issues caused by them and cost.

I buy them on Ebay for a great deal. My last set cost me like $20 bucks for both bulbs brand new.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:46 PM
mikeismadness
Veteran

HIDs are almost plug and play so I don't understand that issue really. And I don't understand how it makes you more noticeable to cops? Idk maybe its cause I drive sensible.

Quick Reply: headlight bulbs