1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Ran great yesterday, but wont start today

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 10:17 AM
papaish
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just checked it this morning, wont start, "no bus" there again. I checked cam, crank, tps and abs plugs for 5v reference voltage and all have it. all fuses and relays still good and battery checks out good with 12.5 volts. The main question I have is the man selling me the new PCM says that since its had the anti-theft on it the it will need to be reprogrammed after i put in the new one, or is this something I can do by resetting the PCM with the battery - disconnected and turn the key to start for 15 sec, then after the 48 miles and 10 starts it will reset? just want to know because the one he his selling costs $350.00 but I know I can get them a little cheaper, as long as they are flashed with my vin and mileage I should just be able to "plug in play" right? Thanks.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:48 PM
neilb
Professional

I am having EXACTLY the same problem, I got on here to ask about it but read this first, mine took a dump on me last night miles from home, I had to get it towed to a nearby relatives house and borrow a ride to get home.
This is the cheapest I can find. http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-DURANG...879#vi-content
When you receive your part it will be fully programmed and
ready to run in your vehicle. No additional programming
will be needed, every part that we sell is Plug-and-Play

Old 02-27-2012, 06:07 PM
neilb
Professional

So Papaish, are you going to follow up with this or just get info from folks then leave us hanging ?, did you get it sorted ?, if not please let us know so we can learn from your experience, it's common courtesy mate.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:10 AM
otgarzà
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neilb
So Papaish, are you going to follow up with this or just get info from folks then leave us hanging ?, did you get it sorted ?, if not please let us know so we can learn from your experience, it's common courtesy mate.
I am hoping for the same...you can help quite a few people with just a simple answer...and thank you in advance for helping others out.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:11 AM
papaish

Sorry, was waiting for an answer on the "plug and play" question but did not get one, but anyway the PCM is on order (only $179.00)and I will let you guys know if that fixed the issue. Should have the part next week, Didn't mean to leave you guys hanging. Until next week.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:07 PM
neilb
Professional

Yea mines on order also, seller says it's a plug and play deal, good luck with it mate, mines stuck 30 mile from home so I hope it comes soon. I hate leaving my ride in a downtown apartment complex car park

Old 02-29-2012, 12:57 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

if you give the seller your trucks information they will program it for you, when you get it installation is as simple as plug in and go. however it needs the correct VIN and mileage in it as well as the correct features (most of this comes from the VIN)

Old 02-29-2012, 04:07 PM
neilb
Professional

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
if you give the seller your trucks information they will program it for you, when you get it installation is as simple as plug in and go. however it needs the correct VIN and mileage in it as well as the correct features (most of this comes from the VIN)
Hey Sharps, yeah I linked him to that with the info, these guys dont complete the order without that info, mine has already shipped within 24 hours of payment, and they give a good warranty on reciept of the old unit within 10 days, they send you a pre paid shipping label for that, so it's not too shabby for fleabay, $179.10 for a good rebuilt unit, here is the link again, http://www.ebay.com/itm/370416981879...84.m1497.l2649

Old 03-04-2012, 08:02 PM
neilb
Professional

Just an update on this, I recieved my PCM within the week, great service from these guys, about 3 minutes to install and one turn of the key she was up and running like a good un. I hope th OP has had a good result.

Last edited by neilb; 03-04-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:42 PM
papaish

OK, just got my PCM in today, on my birthday of all days, plugged it in and she fired right up, let it idle for 15 min and drove it around a little, runs like a champ. Thanks everyone for the great advice, will keep you all posted in about a week to let you know if she still is good.

Quick Reply: Ran great yesterday, but wont start today