1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

4x4 not working NEED HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 06:26 PM
GTaylor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 4x4 not working NEED HELP PLEASE

OK, so I have replaced the transfer case motor swaped out the tccm and the transfer case selector switch on my 01 D and to no avail it will not work. The lights on the switch do not come on and I have looked at the wiring in the cab and checked the ground to the right of the gas pedal. The connections on the transfer case motor all looked clean when I replaced it. I have searched this forum and nothing I do will bring it back only thing I have left to do is to trace the wires under the truck to see if any of them are shorted out. I checked the switch plug and only have power at the dark blue with white stripe wire. Can any one offer anything else I should try before I bring it in. I really dont want to but Im stumped.

Thanks for input. Going out now to check wires under the truck and I will report back.

By the way fixed evap hoses under truck and reset pcm to get rid of CEL and then the service 4x4 light came on. When I changed out the trans case motor the light went off. Not sure if this is relevant or not but thought I would put that out there. Again thanks for any input

Old 02-21-2012, 07:48 PM
mikeismadness
Veteran

My dash lights for my 4x4 don't work either but my 4x4 works. I would jack up the truck, put it on jackstands and engage 4 wheel drive and see if the front drive shaft even turns, if it does then you know its your front axle, if it doesn't then u know something with the transfer case or electronic isn't working. Inspect cv axles to see if they are broken

Old 02-21-2012, 08:07 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

download the 2002 Durango FSM, and check the Pin Outs on page 991, it has all of the pinouts in there, and they should be the same PINS as in your 2001, even if the wire color is different, it tells you which wire does what, from that you should be able to narrow down your problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2cg2hgim2zz <------- 2002 FSM

Old 02-21-2012, 08:09 PM
GTaylor

I know its not working. The transfer case motor you can hear when you select a gear and I dont hear that at all and besides i have taken it for a drive and i know it will not go into 4 wheele.

Also checked all wires under truck and ever thing seems to be in good shape as far as I could tell. Just stumped. Possible that the used tccm that I got is bad. Also the numders on the new/used tccm were the same but insted of AF that the original on had the new/used one has AE and also the new/used one came out of an 01 with a 5.9 not sure if that would matter but I just might. Going to try to locate another one with the same exact part number on it.

Thanks for your input though

Old 02-21-2012, 08:17 PM
GTaylor

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
download the 2002 Durango FSM, and check the Pin Outs on page 991, it has all of the pinouts in there, and they should be the same PINS as in your 2001, even if the wire color is different, it tells you which wire does what, from that you should be able to narrow down your problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2cg2hgim2zz <------- 2002 FSM

Yeah got it already. Just not sure what to do. How do I check to see if there is power to the switch the dark blue/white wire has power but thats the only one every other one has nothin. Bad tccm? Do I have to check the switch when its pluged in cuz I unpluged it and checked each pin on the plug.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:40 PM
GTaylor

should all the pins have 12v besides the ones that indicate 5v?

Old 02-22-2012, 05:53 PM
GTaylor

So took it in to the stealership and just got the call and told me its a bad tccm and said that they are vin burned so a used one will not work. Hmmmmm but $795 for a new one installed kinda hurts. Just wanted to let every one know.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:05 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

i have heard of used ones working before, so the VIN burned is not 100% true

Quick Reply: 4x4 not working NEED HELP PLEASE