1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

What is the operating temp?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 01:50 PM
jrkyle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325

this is where mine sits with the factory stat in there.
Is this with a HD fan clutch or a Standard fan clutch? Mine temperature gauge sits in the same position with a HD fan clutch. There has been a loss in acceleration and mpg. Prior to replacing the FC, the needle was almost in the middle. I replaced it because it had a slight wobble and damaged the water pump. Here's a picture of my temp gauge What is the operating temp?-temp.png. I created a post trying to find out if my temp gauge would be the same as the picture with a Standard FC or would it go higher.https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...ty-or-oem.html. I was told it wasn't running hot enough. I don't really know since there are no numbers on the temp gauge. Not sure what to think at this point. I have a little over 260,000 miles on it, but I have been taking good care of my Durango. I've had a lot of work done to it, (upper/lower control arm assembly and bushings, new front sway bar bushings, new timing chain, new front axial/deferential, new PCM, radiator, new top OEM radiator hose, water pump, HD fan clutch, heavy duty shock upgrade, upgraded to grooved rotors) and have regular engine maintenance done to keep it running strong (ie., oil and fluid changes). I love my Durango. Just trying to keep it rolling.

Last edited by jrkyle; 07-07-2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:56 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

that's mine, I had the heavy duty cooling system on the truck from the factory (part of the tow package) so it had the heavy duty fan clutch in there, that's a pretty normal place for it to sit

Quick Reply: What is the operating temp?