1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Brake pad questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 09:05 AM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RollerRed
I have heard Duralast gold's are great all around. I want to get some brembo rotors that are drilled just for looks mostly. Ill have to shop around for those guys.
Duralast Gold pads are great all around, correct. They are also substantially cheaper than the rest of the high end competition. They are about $50-60 for a set of front pads.

As for the Brembo drilled rotors, take my advice and don't waste your money. Spend it on something useful like a K&N cold air intake because the difference between a set of Brembo flat rotors and drilled rotors, is about $300, not to mention I have yet to see a set of Brembo drilled rotors for the Durango.

I had a friend I worked with that got an older Charger that the brakes were shot and he got drilled/slotted rotors off Summit Racing and he was very happy with them, for hundreds cheaper than a Brembo setup.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:49 PM
RollerRed
Veteran

http://www.brakeworld.com/ProductList.aspx?catid=1
They have brembo listed first for $280. IDK really, I have seen people run brembo's and were happy then again I have seen people run stoptec and were happy. But with my luck I know you get what you pay for...

Old 03-26-2012, 05:15 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I was thinking about these rotors and they are substantially cheaper than brembo. Just a thought for ya.......

Old 03-26-2012, 05:36 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Well unless you are going to be doing drag racing with that thing, you're not going to need what you pay for, LOL! Granted, they dissipate heat more than a flat rotor, it is simply overkill installing that on your Durango, trust me.

When I had my Durango, it had over 680 ft-lb of torque, ran the 1/4 mile in just under 12 seconds, and I towed 10,000# of cargo behind it on a regular basis, and I had regular flat rotors and didn't have a problem in the world.

If you're going for looks mostly like you state, get a set of the Summit Racing rotors like I said earlier and save a couple hundred bucks. If not you're simply wasting your money...

Old 03-26-2012, 09:54 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

WW is entirely correct. To me it is a simple waste of money with very low, if any performance difference. It's not like your tryin to slow down from 250 mph in a 1/8 mile or anything. Think about it?

Are you day dreaming about church again?? and yes if god made brake pads they would kick solid butt because well, he's GOD!
And yea I was stupid last night, thanks for not taking too much advantage on me. Yes I meant Duralast Gold Series pads.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
And yea I was stupid last night, thanks for not taking too much advantage on me. Yes I meant Duralast Gold Series pads.
It's okay we love ya as much as one man can love another WITHOUT it getting all mojo and stuff...lmfao

Last edited by Old_School; 03-27-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:09 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Dude, did you just say the "gay" word in an automotive forum????

One word!

BANNED!

Old 08-13-2012, 02:54 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I know this thread is a few months old, but I'm jumping in here anyway.

I've had duralast gold pads on the front of my Durango for a few months now and I have to say these things make a bunch of dust. I'm not heavy on the brakes or anything, but I have to wash my wheels almost once a week. I forget if my rotors are from napa or advance.

Am I the only one?

Old 08-13-2012, 05:15 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

nope, any semi-metallic pads do this, its caused by having small brake system on such a large vehicle

Old 08-13-2012, 06:08 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
nope, any semi-metallic pads do this, its caused by having small brake system on such a large vehicle

I know that they're going to make some dust, but everyone else says that the duralast golds don't make as much as other pads, but if anything mine make more dust.

Quick Reply: Brake pad questions