1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Drivers side window Making noises

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Durango03
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers side window Making noises

About a week ago it started, I thought there was just crap on the felt. Well, its gotten worse. When I roll it down its like it has a pause and then opens like 2 1/2" and as it rolls down it sounds like its scraping against something. The glass is not scratched, so Im thinking its something internal. It rolls up and down fine other than the above mentioned issues. I havent popped the door panel off yet. Im just afraid it will break one day while its raining with my luck! haha. Is this just a sign that the track will be breaking soon? If so I guess I'll start shopping around for a new one and start saving up.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Durango03
About a week ago it started, I thought there was just crap on the felt. Well, its gotten worse. When I roll it down its like it has a pause and then opens like 2 1/2" and as it rolls down it sounds like its scraping against something. The glass is not scratched, so Im thinking its something internal. It rolls up and down fine other than the above mentioned issues. I havent popped the door panel off yet. Im just afraid it will break one day while its raining with my luck! haha. Is this just a sign that the track will be breaking soon? If so I guess I'll start shopping around for a new one and start saving up.
Might be a simple a just needing a good shot of grease

Old 03-25-2012, 08:14 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

id open the door up and see what it looks like before jumping to conclusions.

Quick Reply: Drivers side window Making noises