1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Ball joint Replacement notice

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 04:40 AM
Dave in LB
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ball joint Replacement notice

Is there a sticker on the vehicle I should look for if the ball joint replacement has been done? Often when a recall is issued there is a compliance sticker afixed to the car to show completion of the work. Also where do I go on line to check to see if they were done? I'll try Mother Mopar's page.

Old 08-18-2005, 12:58 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: Ball joint Replacement notice

I don't know of any sticker, but generally there is some kind of documentation that a recall has been performed on the vehicle. However, this is given to the owner of the vehicle and often not "listed" on the vehicle itself. I do however believe you can contact DCX to find out if the recall has been performed. Even during a recall, your particular vehicle may not need the work done....so it may have been passed. The ball joint replacement did effect my 2001 Dakota and I was given a 10 yr warranty extension on those particular connecting items. I was also told I could bring my vehicle in for a free inspection.

Old 08-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Lianimal
Rookie

Dave,
The dodge.com page has an owners area where you can put in the VIN and it'll tell you if the recall has been complied with or is outstanding. Try this link:
Dodge Owners

Old 08-19-2005, 05:31 AM
Dave in LB
Professional

Thanks guys. I went there right after I posted and checked. When I worked at a local BMW/Mazda dealer we had stickers to affix anytime a recall job was completed. Usually contained the TSB and a gov't number. Mine was found to not be requiring work.

Old 08-22-2005, 12:31 PM
biggame

There is a very easy way to tell. Turn your wheels all the way to one side. Look at the ball joint and if it is bolted on then it has been changed. The factory uses rivets.

Old 10-12-2005, 01:39 AM
curtherrin

I have a Ram 1500,2002, which I had new tires put on today, and was told I need new ball joints. The boots are in shreds. I was also told it would cost a grand to replace them. The truck only has 44k miles on it. I tried the dodge.com vin recall search and it only came back with a side view mirror recall.

Old 10-12-2005, 01:54 AM
curtherrin

The extended warranty on this truck ought to take care of having the ball joints replaced, right?

Quick Reply: Ball joint Replacement notice