1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

02 A/C blows fuse

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Calpantera
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 A/C blows fuse

My 2002 Durango keeps popping the fuse for the A/C that is located in the fuse panel that is in the engine compartment. I took it to the local dealer and they wanted $1200 to remove the whole dash, replace the fan and clean everything out, they said it looked like I might have a dead rat in the vents and its causing the blower motor to work under load which is then causing the fuse to blow. They also stated that this might NOT fix the issue. I told them to go screw. Its obviously not a dead rat (at one point they said they could see the rats tail then when I asked to see this they said "Oh no we were mistaken") The fan works OK its just the compressor not running, the fuse pops as soon as I hit the A/C, it looks like the clutch never engages for the compressor. Any ideas or similar issues?

Thanks guys

Old 10-12-2005, 02:28 PM
pacifica_kid
Default RE: 02 A/C blows fuse

first go get a book on your truck. and does your truck stink like some things dead if not some is smoking to much mayonnaise. does your fan work.

Old 10-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Calpantera
Default RE: 02 A/C blows fuse

No dead animal stink, thats why I told them to go screw, yes blower fan works fine. The compressor never engages, it just pops the fuse right away as soon as I turn on A/C. Whats the best manual for the Durango? Chiltons? Haynes? or?

Quick Reply: 02 A/C blows fuse