1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 03:56 PM
jmess
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Exhaust

For those of you guys who have done the single in dual out exhaust setups, roughly how much were you charged for the new tailpipes to be made up? None of the shops in my area will give me a quote without me bringing in the vehicle and paying a "small consultation fee"

Old 06-02-2012, 11:43 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

LOL

Well I paid $273 for a single CAT-Back Magnaflow system in 3" aluminized steel pipe, about 6 years back or so (but I knew the guy really good). Now if you do a single in and dual out muffler set up you will need some extra work to get the drivers side in with the spare tire (which can be done!) and the regular tail pipe on the passenger. You should also slightly notch the bumper so it looks like the passenger side.

With that said, $50 muffler install, price of muffler maybe $100, tail pipe at $75, and a longer one about $100. Anything further then that will ring ya up more.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:55 AM
jmess
Veteran

Thanks. My plan was to go with a single in dual out flowmaster 44. The offroad version. And then bring it in and just have them go at it. I dont have a spare under the vehicle so routing the pipe won't be an issue

Old 06-03-2012, 12:35 PM
dsolorio
Professional

I was going to mention the spare too. If I didn't have a spare tire and a tow hitch in the way, I would have put on duals. They quoted me $350. I haven't heard of a muffler shop charging a consultation fee. All the ones Ive been to do it for free because they want your business.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:48 PM
lvphotos
Veteran

Cheat. Full-size set up with bends tailored to d. Is there not an RT dual out there?

Quick Reply: Dual Exhaust