1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 11:00 AM
RiverH
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers

I was just wondering what brand of headers you guys would suggest, I was possibly looking into getting a pair in the future, I was also wo derin what would I gain/lose from installing headers? HP? MPG? Is it worth getting a pair?

Old 06-03-2012, 12:38 PM
dsolorio
Professional

Are you in a state where you need a CA emission inspection? I am very limited on what I can get, so I didn't even bother.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:35 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

it depends on which engine you have, if you have the 4.7 do not waste your money on them, you wont get any gain in performance(not in stock or close to stock form), only a slight change in noise.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will gain some more noise and some pipes that shine... and your wallet will loose alot of weight....

Old 06-06-2012, 12:28 AM
krupaeric
Veteran

i am not sure of the brand i got. but i got em on ebay from a distributor in ca. for $138. there shorty smog headers. it took about a week and a half for them to come in but it was with free shipping. i will warn you though. with mine i had to modify my y pipe for it hook up. my y pipes were to short. about an inch to short. but i love the way it looks and sounds. and the work was worth it.also if you do get headers dont use the gasket they provide. go to your local auto store and pick up a tube of copper based high temp rtv gasket sealant. it works alot better and it seals any imperfections in the heads. and its nice were i live cuz cops dont mind a louder exhaust.

Quick Reply: Headers