1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Positive Lock

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 08:18 PM
chanie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Positive Lock

Apologize in advance for a complete noob question. While changing a rear tail light I broke the plastic on the socket. The plastic came out but the socket is still inside the lamp and I'm hesitant to start sticking pliers in there while it is hooked up to the car's electrical. So now I'm trying to disconnect my tail light assembly and can't figure out how to disconnect the wiring. I believe I'm stuck at the positive lock here:

This is probably a ridiculous question, but how do I open/unlock the positive lock? Google / searching the forum hasn't turned up the answer. I'm tempted to stick a flat head screw driver in there, but I don't want to break anything else. I've already gone from changing a light bulb to replacing a socket, I don't want to wind up having to replace the whole assembly. Advice would be much appreciated!

Old 06-05-2012, 10:37 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

the little red piece you see in there will slide to one side or the other of the socket(it looks to me like it needs to slide to the lef tin the picture), then you should just be able to squeeze and pull and off it comes.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:45 PM
lvphotos
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 use wd-40 if issue. Small flat screwdriver to unlock but have broke that and socket is available if broke.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:30 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Those connectors can really be a pain in the **** sometimes. Usually for me they involve a lot of head scratching and cussing to undo them

Quick Reply: Positive Lock