1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

strange noise when i shut my d off

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012 | 09:37 AM
Dirtrango
Professional

check the buzzer for the key. mine was making a sound like you described. I couldn't find it but my buddy did and he fixed it (i hate electrical). no more noise now check to see if that's the problem.

Old 06-13-2012 | 10:13 AM
Old_School
Record Breaker

Check for a vac. leak.. they make all kinds of strange noises... i had one that sounded like a trucker passing gas after eating a bowl of 5th alarm chilli at the local truck stop. well, maybe not that bad but, she sure was not whistling Dixie.

Old 06-13-2012 | 12:32 PM
TravisN.
Rookie

Originally Posted by Old_School
Check for a vac. leak.. they make all kinds of strange noises... i had one that sounded like a trucker passing gas after eating a bowl of 5th alarm chilli at the local truck stop. well, maybe not that bad but, she sure was not whistling Dixie.
Lmao!!!

Old 06-14-2012 | 12:11 PM
TravisN.
Rookie

Originally Posted by Old_School
There shouldnt be a vacume leak if the sound happens even when you dont start the engine and just turn the key back off.

Old 06-16-2012 | 12:31 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

It's either electrical or vacuum, you can pull a vacuum line off and see if it stops or pull the negative cable and see if it stops to verify which system in causing the issue.

Quick Reply: strange noise when i shut my d off