1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Show off your 1st Generation Durango!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 11:26 PM
krupaeric
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes mopar man i got the ts lift with 31x10.5x15 good year wrangler authority tires. but no body lift yet.
in the spring im doing a 3" body lift and putting 35" tires on it. also i already got new fenders, inner fenders, front bumper, and bumper cover, a new hood, front grille and rockers, courtesy of rockauto. im also pulling a 5.9 and 46re. and doing that swap when i got the body off the frame. im waiting till the spring cuz i want to do it all at once. and i dont want all the new parts to get weathered over the winter, i live in a part of ny that gets hammered all winter. but i am extremely excited and i cant wait to start posting pics of the project!!!
i have in it now 304 ss headers, high flow cat, thrush welded 2.5" muffler, cold air intake and a 52mm bbk throttle body. all of wich will be swapped on to the 5.9 when i do that!

Last edited by krupaeric; 09-18-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:33 AM
MontyJ
Rookie

I posted in the other thread, right before it went to hell in a handcart. So, here it is again:

1999 5.9L 46RE NV242D 265/75-16

I found it in a weedy driveway where it had been sitting for about a year or so. It was on two slashed tires, had rotted brakes and a bad transfer case. Also a few lighting problems; left front headlight socket and left reverse light sockets were bad. The owner was planning on parting it out and scrapping the remains. How it never sold for $500 is beyond me. I bought it on the spot. I put a couple of tires on it and had my buddy bring it home on his flat bed. I found a transfer case in great condition for $125 (yeah, another steal), replaced all of the brake system from the master cylinder out and it’s now my DD until spring.

Here is how I found it:
Name:  001.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  56.7 KB

And sitting in the driveway…note the shiny new inspection sticker in the first pic:

I think a previous owner was a Raiders fan.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:18 AM
OntarioRT59

Hey thats neat. Good buy

Old 09-19-2012, 09:50 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Smokin' good deal. However, we can't post that kind of stuff in this thread because they want to keep this one inorganic. Start a new one with that detail and we can talk about it there.

IndyD

Old 09-20-2012, 04:34 AM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
Smokin' good deal. However, we can't post that kind of stuff in this thread because they want to keep this one inorganic. Start a new one with that detail and we can talk about it there.

IndyD
Since it seems as if you're too blind to see the post, and are just trying to create a problem, I will post the quote from the previous thread.

i gave a warning about off-topic chit chat (which is what i was referring to in my last post, the talk about 'o nice truck' or 'which headlights are that' and quick responses idc about, its the technical questions that cause issues bc they never get answered unless i come in and answer them)
Now I'm asking nicely, stop.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:22 AM
KingBigJoe
Cool Here my first gen Durango...

This my 2000 Dodge Durango that I just recently bought...

Old 09-20-2012, 09:32 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You asked for the thread to be clean WITHOUT chatter. We ask folks to take the chatter elsewhere even after YOU chatter. All proof that these "only" threads don't work because no one will follow even suggested rules. Just look at the weekly posts in the "no-mans land" section between sections. They continue after being told daily to not place posts therein.

Can't have it both ways as is evident. Maybe you can get a Moderator job for your good stewardness? Good luck, its a tough task.

Joe, you read my post above as if I made with sarcasim. It was not. Instead, the glass-half-empty concept that each post on the internet must be a punch-counterpunch setup really doesn't always apply. It doesn't have to be that way.

My post was to correct the guy and get a new thread started in the right place to talk about his $500 super buy of the Durango. Because there is little moderation and SS does the best he can with the time he has, a post here or there for direction from everyone can actually help. It takes a Village.

True that I hate threads that try to moderate by title becasue they don't work. You yourself went off topic in the very thread you asked folks to not go off topic in. Perhaps your passion is because this is a thread you started. My passion, as you get to know me, is that you will see I live All-Things Durango and love talking about them. It is as simple as that.

Pals.

IndyDurango

Last edited by IndyDurango; 09-20-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:29 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
You asked for the thread to be clean WITHOUT chatter. We ask folks to take the chatter elsewhere even after YOU chatter. All proof that these "only" threads don't work because no one will follow even suggested rules. Just look at the weekly posts in the "no-mans land" section between sections. They continue after being told daily to not place posts therein.

Can't have it both ways as is evident. Maybe you can get a Moderator job for your good stewardness? Good luck, its a tough task.

Joe, you read my post above as if I made with sarcasim. It was not. Instead, the glass-half-empty concept that each post on the internet must be a punch-counterpunch setup really doesn't always apply. It doesn't have to be that way.

My post was to correct the guy and get a new thread started in the right place to talk about his $500 super buy of the Durango. Because there is little moderation and SS does the best he can with the time he has, a post here or there for direction from everyone can actually help. It takes a Village.

True that I hate threads that try to moderate by title becasue they don't work. You yourself went off topic in the very thread you asked folks to not go off topic in. Perhaps your passion is because this is a thread you started. My passion, as you get to know me, is that you will see I live All-Things Durango and love talking about them. It is as simple as that.

Pals.

IndyDurango
So if by showing off your ride means you can't talk about your T/S lifts, body lifts, headlights, tires or any other mods, what do you think it means? Every time I go to a car show I know the owners are more than happy to discuss mods. In any case, we're getting off track. I don't mean to be a dick Indy, I just don't want this thread to end up like the last one. With it being my thread, I want to keep it clean. I have instant email notifications for all of my subscribed threads, so I can be quick to reply and include any links for users who have wandered away from the goal of this particular thread. Indy, we all appreciate having you around as you have a vast amount of knowledge about these Durangos, so lets please keep it on track.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:14 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

come on guys, i really dont like playing babysitter, (and fortunately in this section i usually dont have to do much, if anything, along those lines) but if people cant get along deal with the differences through PMs, if you cannot do that im just going to keep locking threads with bickering

Quick Reply: Show off your 1st Generation Durango!