1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

98 Durango door mirro

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Russ50
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 98 Durango door mirro

Hey, Got the 98 D of mine an it has the factory mirror's on it,, My wife ordered a new set for me that are bigger an is 6X9 ,,, My mirror's are power but don't have the heat in them,, The one's my wife did order for me does have the heat,, Just wondering if they would still work as power an heated mirror's when I put them on,, It's rainning right now so I won't hook them up till later,, I just don't want to hook them up an mess them up some how where they won't take them back, They are for a 98,99, an 00 Durango what the paper says,,

Old 09-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Russ50
Hey, Got the 98 D of mine an it has the factory mirror's on it,, My wife ordered a new set for me that are bigger an is 6X9 ,,, My mirror's are power but don't have the heat in them,, The one's my wife did order for me does have the heat,, Just wondering if they would still work as power an heated mirror's when I put them on,, It's rainning right now so I won't hook them up till later,, I just don't want to hook them up an mess them up some how where they won't take them back, They are for a 98,99, an 00 Durango what the paper says,,

Yes they should work... Your truck SHOULD be pre-wired for the heat even though it did not come with heated mirrors... they are wired to come on with the rear defrost.

If by chance yours is not wired for the heat, it should be tho, all you have to do is wire them up to a toggle switch or something.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:10 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

yeah as long as you have the rear defroster (which surprisingly was an option) you should just have to plug them in be done with it.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:52 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

as old school said, as long as the wiring is there already it will work, even if the heat wiring is NOT there, you wont hurt the mirrors in any way hooking them up and the power function will still work

Old 09-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Russ50
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, Thanks guys,, I just wanted to make sure about it,, An yes I do have the rear defroster so I will try an get them on tomorro if its not raining,, Thanks again,,,,

Quick Reply: 98 Durango door mirro