1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Who can tell me

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Wild_Wench
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who can tell me

Ok here's what my problem is I have a 2001 Durango SLT 5.9. The other day I stopped to turn aroun and all of a sudden bam. Called a tow truck and he said he has never seen this before happen. The factory weld on the a-frame failed. It just dropped. The tow driver and a few people told me if I was drving at normal speed or highway speed I would not be here now.
People have told me that Dodge should fix this free cause it was something that should never happened. Then I was of course told to sue cause it's a factory defect. I called a Dodge dealership they said that cause of how old it was that they are not responsible.
What should I do? Or what can I do? Is Dodge responsible? Please any and all response are welcome. Thank you

Old 10-09-2012, 08:32 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

got a picture of the failure? considering the age of your truck you are most likely on your own to fix it (all of the 1st generation trucks are out of warranty).

that said you are probably lucky it happened at low speed and if you want to keep the truck you should just fix it and move on, its an 11 year old truck you would just waste a lot of money trying to sue and get nothing out of it.