1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2000 Dodge Durango Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 10:40 AM
monster406s10
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Dodge Durango Issues

I went to go start my Durango this morning and it was completely dead. I drove it home last night and it showed that it was charging 14 volts and everything seemed fine. When I went to go start it this morning the minute I opened the door I noticed the dome light didn't come on. I still attempted to start it but there was nothing there. I put a battery charger on it and tried boosting it but still nothing happened. The charger said the battery was fully charged so I wiggled the terminals on the battery but they were tight and not corroded. Any ideas?

Old 10-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First thoughts are that a cell or two in the battery have failed. It's possible to show 12+V but still not have the power to turn the engine via the starter and as soon as you try it falls flat on it's face. If you don't have a load tester you can try watching the voltage with a meter while someone tries to start the engine.

I personally think you have a bad battery.

Another possibility you can check are the connections at the starter. See if they are good. Also, pop the cover off of the relay / fuse box by the battery and check to see if the POS able connection is tight at the main fuse bus.

Quick Reply: 2000 Dodge Durango Issues