1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 10:53 PM
alwaysclean19
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions?

So I was planning on upgrading my TB to this: http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/p...p?partid=11103

I was wondering if anyone was running one and had any reviews or feedback on it. Also, would it even be worth just changing the TB without changing to an FI-Air Gap Intake? Any input would be appreciated.

Here is the link to the FI-AirGap Intake: http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/p...=&partid=24773

If I end up just doing the TB I can afford to do it now, but if I choose to do both then it will have to wait a while.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:36 PM
krupaeric
Veteran

i would personally wait till you can get a package deal. im getting the top end performance package in the spring. the 55mm tb that they got is great. better than anything else out there its well worth the money, but it wont help much if you dont have the manifold to go with it. you will notice a higher rpm range because its able to draw in more o2 but without the heads and intake manifold you wont get the full benifits.
but its all up to you man. my oppinion is exactly that, just an oppinion.
if you can wait a while and save up the exra money. i would go with the performance package. cuz you will get the numbers that they post. and its a big step up!

Old 11-11-2012, 10:54 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

If all you want to do is upgrade better TB then may I suggest a 52mm from www.thefastman.com and yes I can say it is worth the cash. Plug into a home brew CAI system located right here in the DIY section www.dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-durango/126222-do-it-yourself-top-questions-and-answers-faqs.html for a few bucks will open that beotch right up.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I currently run a Holley high flow TB and i have made a home brew CAI also.. While i cannot say im blowing the doors of anyone, i can say that i am noticing that she is breathing a lot better...

http://www.holley.com/112-557.asp

Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 PM
alwaysclean19
Professional

I would do that if I didn't already have a K&N FIPK.. I think i'm just going to wait until I can afford the whole package and then get a huge gain in performance, still mulling it over though!

Old 11-13-2012, 11:19 PM
krupaeric
Veteran

personally i think thats the best way to go. save and go for the big results. also my i sugguest that when you do this work to drop your gas tank and clean it out and clean off or replace your fuel sending unit. and flush out your gas lines. doing all that work and having debris and years of sediment in your tank wouldnt be good for the new products, although its not a requirement its still a smart thing to do.
and best of luck when you do get around to upgrading.

Quick Reply: Opinions?