1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Front Suspension Clunk

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 07:26 PM
winkie74
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Suspension Clunk

I have a 1999 Durango 4x4 and I noticed just today since its icy and my D doesn't have awal the front locks up nearly every time I stop and the driver side wheel when it locks up theres a loud clunk and when i let off the brake it stays locked for a full 2 seconds and when it unlocks theres another clunk. It's never done this before and I think it might be due to the fact that it was 30 degrees yesterday and we got about 8 inches of snow and it was nearly -30 with the windchill all day. I think there might just be some ice where there shouldn't be because its so sudden and it's just the one side. But I want a second oppinion.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 AM
2K.Rattlez
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*Check your caliper pin bolts (2)* Make sure they both there with the rubber cover/boot and tight. If not tended to, the caliper will rattle/clunk, grind your wheels and cause other damage. I just got my 2000 2wd D driver side fixed for $350, after it was too late. When my brakes lock up, its usually wet or muddy. Generally speaking all kinda vehicles with caliper pin bolts have this issue. I'm from Louisiana but I don't think that makes much a difference, just saying....

Quick Reply: Front Suspension Clunk