1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

need help asap with 99 dodge durango 5.2L V8 318

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 09:24 PM
lrisher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help asap with 99 dodge durango 5.2L V8 318

My brother and I followed step by step instructions and replaced the heater core. (My husband is currently not in the country and we didn't have the funds to take it to a shop).
Everything went good with taking it apart. Well we started putting everything together and realized we should make sure everything works before we pit it 100%.back.
Its day 3 and the durango won't start. I'm getting interior lights (except for radio, the heat *****, and my cluster panel. Plus my speedometer is sitting past 120 mph).
When I try to start it it sounds like it's not getting any fire. I was told it was the security on it. I wads told to put the key on leave it til the cluster says security then start the car. Well nothing is working on the cluster.
I went thru all the fuses and the wires again today, called dealerships and had a mechanic come look at it. I was told they have no clue.
It is my only vehicle and I haves a child. I can't be without a vehicle. Please help!

Old 02-20-2013, 08:46 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I will move this thread to the correct section.
FF

Old 02-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lrisher
My brother and I followed step by step instructions and replaced the heater core. (My husband is currently not in the country and we didn't have the funds to take it to a shop).
Everything went good with taking it apart. Well we started putting everything together and realized we should make sure everything works before we pit it 100%.back.
Its day 3 and the durango won't start. I'm getting interior lights (except for radio, the heat *****, and my cluster panel. Plus my speedometer is sitting past 120 mph).
When I try to start it it sounds like it's not getting any fire. I was told it was the security on it. I wads told to put the key on leave it til the cluster says security then start the car. Well nothing is working on the cluster.
I went thru all the fuses and the wires again today, called dealerships and had a mechanic come look at it. I was told they have no clue.
It is my only vehicle and I haves a child. I can't be without a vehicle. Please help!
Sounds to me like you have a bad ground somewhere... IIRC, there are a few grounds that you have to be disconnected in order to remove the dash to replace the heater core... If it where me i would go back and check all of them... also look around under the hood for a connection you could have bumped and didn't notice it.

You could also try disconnecting the negitive battery terminal and hold the key in the start position for 30 sec and then re connect the terminal and try, this will reset the PCM (computer) but, with removing the dash you should have had that disconnected already

Last edited by Old_School; 02-20-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Quick Reply: need help asap with 99 dodge durango 5.2L V8 318