1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

New durango owner with questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Red-99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New durango owner with questions

First off hello everyone, new around here an already read a boat load on my new truck. Well my main question is how do i program a remote for the keyless entry with out one thats already programed? I read the hole diy section an yes it covers programing a new remote with a remote that already set up, but not without. Is there a way i can do ity self or do i have to take it into the dealer for them to do that? Anyways thanks everyone for a great an informative site

Old 06-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Red-99
First off hello everyone, new around here an already read a boat load on my new truck. Well my main question is how do i program a remote for the keyless entry with out one thats already programed? I read the hole diy section an yes it covers programing a new remote with a remote that already set up, but not without. Is there a way i can do ity self or do i have to take it into the dealer for them to do that? Anyways thanks everyone for a great an informative site
For the first remote it has to be programmed by the dealer.. you might be able to find a local locksmith that could also do it...

Old 06-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Red-99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok well thats what i had thought. Thanks for the info. Now time to call the dealer to see what its going to cost.. Thanks again.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Red-99
Ok well thats what i had thought. Thanks for the info. Now time to call the dealer to see what its going to cost.. Thanks again.

When i got mine the local dealer wanted somewhere in the 75ish range to program one. I was lucky to have found a locksmith that did it for $20

Quick Reply: New durango owner with questions