1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Vin Details and a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 12:52 AM
thayerdurangorj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Vin Details and a couple questions

I ran a Vin search on my 2000 Durango, and came up with a couple questions that I really don't understand,

(the results say) Brakes ABS system 4-wheel, Rear Wheel, so does this mean I have four wheel ABS? I don't see an extra wire on the front hub and assembly or an extra wire going to the rear drum, I'm doing the front brakes and while I'm in there wanna replace hub and bearing assembly, but trying to purchase new ones there are like 5-6 options

Second Mechanical and Powertrain says I have 1790# Payload pkg-inc, no idea what this means

any help or idea I would surely welcome

Old 08-04-2013, 01:10 AM
PublicHair
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did you run your vin?

Dodge will send you a build sheet free of charge which will be more detailed (I got mine. Neat stuff).

If you have the "1790# payload package" that may be linked to the HD Tow package. I know my Durango has the HD Tow package and I'd assume the beefed up suspension which account for a higher payload if that's what the 1790 stands for..

Old 08-05-2013, 02:23 PM
bigpoppajnutz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PublicHair
Where did you run your vin?

Dodge will send you a build sheet free of charge which will be more detailed (I got mine. Neat stuff).

If you have the "1790# payload package" that may be linked to the HD Tow package. I know my Durango has the HD Tow package and I'd assume the beefed up suspension which account for a higher payload if that's what the 1790 stands for..
Where did you order your build sheet from? I would love get one myself!!!

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Vin Details and a couple questions