1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

dodge ram to durango lets talk

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 12:42 AM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by PublicHair
Myself personally I rather have AWD over anything. My truck is just for road trips and rain/snow. I guess for someone who wants to do burn outs or worries about mpg could wish for 2wd option. But neither of those bother me.

Performance.. You won't get much power. If you can get new truck power out of your durango for $2,500 I'll be impressed. This is coming from driving a 2012 ram hemi for the last 7 months. A Nissan Titan prior to that. 07 Silverado LT...

After owning a 5.9 ram. 5.2 Ram. And my current bad weather 4.7 durango.
I've raced a few hemis not much difference. I always won up til about 70mph then I fell back, not by much. I have drove all sorts of 2011, 12, 13, and 14 rams having been working at a dealership. A friend has a 07 chevy so I know about them. Believe me for $2500 in parts you could make a 5.9 comparable to a new ram and beat a 5.3L chevy, at least until these new 2014's. I really want to drive one of them, but I digress. We all have our preferences, I just happen to have fallen in love with my 5.9l. I'll post up a video soon, performance rebuilt trans goin in this weekend

Last rights your D does seem to be a little slower, especially for the mods. Have you done a performance tune up yet? It would compliment those upgrades nicely.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:50 AM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PublicHair
That flow aster sounds like ****. Way too poppy.
The poppy is from excess fuel burning in the exhaust system on throttle let up. It's the result of ecm/fuel/sensor things. My full FlowMaster does not do that.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:30 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

im surprised you guys say its sluggish, she gets up and goes compaired to what my ram did. do you guys have any vids to compair . i did spark plugs and wires . i didnt do cap and rotor cause im afraid of messing up the firing order . maybe ill try that.

i just got the muffler on yesterday so its just breaking in. the popping could be the extra fuel from the sct tuner i dunno . im getting the cat put on today.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:18 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion

well highflow cat is installed my loss of pwer was actually from a bad cat it was clogged I dunno how it was running but ill post pics soon ! ! happy I got the cat or I wouldn't have known . I only did it because it made a nice difference when idid it too my ram

Old 11-03-2013, 11:03 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lastrights
i didnt do cap and rotor cause im afraid of messing up the firing order . maybe ill try that.
Firing order is marked on the original intake and #1 is marked on the cap. Go clockwise. Glad to hear you got it fixed though. I'm about done with my trans, I'll post up a comparison video once I get it broke in.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:15 AM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i didnt do cap and rotor cause im afraid of messing up the firing order.
Confession time.... I'm from Detroit and have been wrenching for 50+ years, done a lot of the regular stuff on the family fleet in that time. When I did the D's cap and rotor, I didn't notice that the two hold down screws on the cap are not 180° apart. And... if you put the cap on backwards and try to hunker it down, you break your new rotor tip. Once I got it in the right direction, and the new new rotor, all was well and it runs great.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:56 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion

got the highflow cat installed sounds a lot better now to install the 1.7 hs to have a lil more lope

Old 11-04-2013, 11:00 AM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I changed my distributor cap and rotor a couple weeks ago, and it's pretty straight forward. I probably spent more time marking the wires than I did actually swapping the parts. It's definitely worth doing though, mine hadn't been done in a while and it definitely needed it. It runs a lot smoother now and has better throttle response too.

To me it looked like the screws on the cap were pretty much 180 deg apart, but one side is square while the other is rounded.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:28 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion

Name:  IMAG2920_zps0538759f.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  28.7 KB

new cat

one side of bad cat

Name:  IMAG2946_zpsc909c84b.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  21.7 KB

the other side

Name:  IMAG2948_zpsbf526a10.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  27.9 KB

Old 11-04-2013, 11:36 AM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

new cat

one side of bad cat

the other side

Well, damn! Makes me wonder what mine's looking like now after 15 years and 162,000 miles

Quick Reply: dodge ram to durango lets talk