Driving Durango after two months parked

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Howardeer
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving Durango after two months parked

Hello,

I'd like to know what to check/do when driving a Durango after two months of having it parked in the outdoors. I was away and will be driving it soon. I stored it at the end of summer and now it's the fall so I don't know what can happen to it. Thx in advance

Old 10-22-2013, 10:10 PM
PublicHair
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing.

I don't drive mine. I'm up to 80 miles driven in the last 3 months. And it's 8 miles one way to work

It'll be fine. Just ride the brakes a little at higher speeds (35+) to burn off the rust on the rotors and you're golden.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:34 AM
vako
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have parked my for a year:/ i left it in europe , but inside metal covered garage thingy they call but it went thru winter and everything and when i started it was fine, except the rotors made weird 1st brake sound , but that was from rust and that was it.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:45 AM
PublicHair
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^now that's just stupid. You are to winterize it at least but for long term storage you're to drain all fluids and leave as minimal fuel as possible, bleed the fuel lines, disconnect battery, that routine. Then change oil before start up, add fuel stabilizer and a couple gallons.

But each to their own.

The amount or should i say lack of dust on a stored vehicle is not indiction to the corrosion effects inside the motor.

Quick Reply: Driving Durango after two months parked