1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

The BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 06:35 PM
AppelH
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah i see it. I couldnt find it on my phone.

Speaking of spending money, I ordered the hughes airgap intake this week. Hopefully get it by next week and installed that weekend. This is the first time I have spent this much on my rigs other than tires, so we will see if I ever do it again. I needed to do the plenum too, so that nudged me towards the intake a little more otherwise I probably wouldn't do it. While I am in there I am going to put in a bored TB I have had sitting on the shelf for awhile, fresh timing set, and a few other maintenance things. I am hoping it runs pretty good when I am done. A mileage bump would be nice too, but i'm not holding out hope.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:01 PM
PublicHair
Banned

speaking of spending money..

I ordered a new Galaxy Note 3 in black. I joined the EDGE program through Verizon. Woohoo!

Odd tho.. because I’m still under contract with my iPhone 5 that I had to give them my phone in order to obtain my new phone. And if I returned the galaxy in 14 days return period, I’d be phone-less because they send my old phone off the next day. (FYI my contract ends March 26th).

So ordered the phone online.. get to keep my iPhone to re-sell and get a new phone. Only down side is I have to wait..

Old 02-08-2014, 07:05 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I always felt the notes were a bit big, but most people that have them that I know love them. I have the s3 (same software) and haven't ever had issues with it.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:12 PM
AppelH
Captain

Wish I had an android. My Droid Bionic crapped out a few months ago, now I'm stuck with an iphone for the time being. I dont mind it, but liked my droid better. Battery life is much better though.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:13 PM
PublicHair
Banned

except ****ty battery life^^ (comment for that_guy)

A lot of friends/coworkers of mine had the S3 and S4. Always complained about the battery life but not so much about the other aspects of the phone.

I know a few folk who have the Note 3 now and all love the battery life and screen size. I figure why not try it. Plus with that EDGE program, I can upgrade to a new phone every 30 days if I wanted to.. I figure I go on the 6 to 8 month routine.. if I don’t like the Note 3 I can just swap it for the iPhone 6 once that drops.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:16 PM
AppelH
Captain

Originally Posted by PublicHair

A lot of friends/coworkers of mine had the S3 and S4. Always complained about the battery life but not so much about the other aspects of the phone.

I know a few folk who have the Note 3 now and all love the battery life and screen size. I figure why not try it. Plus with that EDGE program, I can upgrade to a new phone every 30 days if I wanted to.. I figure I go on the 6 to 8 month routine.. if I don’t like the Note 3 I can just swap it for the iPhone 6 once that drops.
So how are they able to let you upgrade that often? Does the program have a membership fee, or do still pay a small amount for upgrades or...?

Old 02-08-2014, 07:26 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by PublicHair

My battery life was great when I first got it. It's still good and lasts all day, but it does seem like it's at a lower percentage at the end of the day now than when I got it a year ago, but that's to be expected with batteries after 365+ charge/discharge cycles.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:42 PM
PublicHair
Banned

Originally Posted by AppelH
So how are they able to let you upgrade that often? Does the program have a membership fee, or do still pay a small amount for upgrades or...?
The EDGE program through verizon is pretty much a payment plan on a device.

You pay full price for the phone ($600 in this case), over the course of 24 months, if you wish to go that long (don’t).

So.. you have the traditional contract term of 2yr and $250 up front for a new phone. You can upgrade every two years and you pay $250 up front.

OR with this edge program, you can plop down $25 a month and starts from the moment you start the edge program.

You can upgrade as soon as 30 days, as long as your phone is 50% paid for (12 months worth of payments).

In my case if I wanted to upgrade in 6 months, I’d pay $25 x 6 months = $150. I walk into Verizon, hand them my phone and pay the balance of 50% (150) and plus somewhere around $25 for the new phone. So $175 out the door with a new phone.

Thnk of it like leasing a car.. you really only pay for what you use. I figure this case it’s good for me because the times are changing and that you can get the newest phones as often as you wish while paying a slight premium.

If you think about it.. You pay $250 today for a new phone under a two year contract. You can upgrade in two years and get a new phone. I can pay $50 more and upgrade in 6 months.

only down side is you’re stuck in that cycle. Because when you get to your last phone (say you switch carriers 4 years from now) you must pay off the balance of your phone in full as you’re liable for that device. So I suggest if you plan on ditching your carrier within the year.. plan it out and get the cheapest phone - say a $200 phone. Then pay off the balance of that $200 phone and you’re free to move on in life!

Old 02-10-2014, 08:49 PM
AppelH
Captain

Got the rango stuck in the snow today. Was trying to get back up on the road, and wasn't able to build the ground speed I needed and stuck it in the berm. I dug for twenty minutes, then was able to put blankets under three of the tires for traction. Gotta learn to improvise. I will try and get pics up later.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:22 PM
PublicHair
Banned

Huh?

I don't get how you got stuck in the first place lol

Quick Reply: The BS Thread