1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

question about HID lights.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 10:00 AM
vanix
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by that_guy
Do you have any information on your manufacturers? I ask because most of the pictures on your website look like they're just your typical run of the mill Chinese parts. Hell the bulbs look like they have the same exact label on them as the $9 ones on ebay.

The photo you are looking at is a schematic photo. All HID aftermarket bulbs if they are not factory OEM bulbs like (D1R, D2S, D4R) look very similar in the box. Nowadays all parts are manufactured in China... Our parts are tested in USA and ships from US with a 2 year warranty, you wont get that from a cheap Chinese stuff sold on ebay...

Old 10-15-2014, 12:57 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

What do you mean by schematic photo? Not all aftermarket hids look the same in the box either, but ones from the same supplier probably would be similar. Either way if you go through the trouble of testing them it would make sense to put a different label on them to disassociate them with the ebay stuff.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:55 PM
vako
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vanix
The photo you are looking at is a schematic photo. All HID aftermarket bulbs if they are not factory OEM bulbs like (D1R, D2S, D4R) look very similar in the box. Nowadays all parts are manufactured in China... Our parts are tested in USA and ships from US with a 2 year warranty, you wont get that from a cheap Chinese stuff sold on ebay...
no offense but last thing i would do is trust a sales person. "Our parts are tested in USA and ships from US with a 2 year warranty"

Old 10-16-2014, 09:40 AM
SmokinJoe02
Veteran

Yup. Didn't say they were MADE here.

SJ03

Old 10-16-2014, 09:50 AM
vanix
Former Vendor

We take the risks and provide the warranty on the lights and exchange in case of having problems... The China vendor is always cheaper, but it has no 2 year warranty and no quality guarantee, its up for every person to decide what is best for him..

Old 10-16-2014, 10:05 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I buy the cheap ebay kits called xentec. The guy I deal with has a 1yr warranty and is the cheapest I've found. His customer service is great.

If you want HIDs that's a good option. IMO I won't trade stock bulbs for silverstars, tried them in 2 different cars and hated them. Started running the xentec HIDs, which cost the same or less, I'll never go back to regular bulbs.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:18 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Really the best thing you can do is a projector retrofit. You can get cheap h1 projectors for about $30 on ebay and then put hid bulbs in that and you're good to go.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:18 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is what I currently have on my truck. Light pattern is great. Maybe a little too great. I mean, these clear lens spreads out the light pattern ALOT. At lowbeam settings, great lumination overall. Highbeam settings is a different story. Usually when you want high beams, you want a narrower focused light pattern. These lens will not do that. It will just have a wide light pattern moved up a bit further. You can still luminate things at a distance but cannot really see much from a long distance strictly in front of you.

Originally Posted by that_guy
If you're going to stick with halogens a set of the clear lens housings would give you a better beam. If you must use pnp hids though stick with the fluted lenses.

Dodge 97 04 Dakota 98 03 Durango Crystal Chrome Clear Headlights LH RH Lamps 03 | eBay

Quick Reply: question about HID lights.