1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

NO POWER STEERING SENSOR 2003 4.7 Durango

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 03:18 PM
backroadsltd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO POWER STEERING SENSOR 2003 4.7 Durango

I replaced the old PCM due to a no bus error after some animal had chewed into the wires at the firewall. The wires were repaired at the shop. The first rebuilt PCM displayed an evap code. The part it said was at fault was checked by the shop and it was okay. I called the pcm supplier and was told to return it for another.After two other rebuilt ones displayed the po551 code,I had the pcm reflashed at the dealer and still no luck.I bought a new hose with the sensor switch location on it.After closer inspection,the wires I thought went to the sensor were actually for the fog lamps as there is an identical set on the other side.This Dodge does not have any wires that are not hooked to something.EVERYONE I talked too locally and online says it has to have a pwr st. sensor..but this Durango doesn't.This still leaves me with no solution as the shop has looked at it too.They are at a lost..their suggestion is to inspect the complete harness from the pcm out...$400 +/-.It's been a real headache and co$tly. Do you have any suggestions ? thanks

Old 02-25-2014, 09:19 PM
dontilgon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2003 doesn't have one either FYI

Quick Reply: NO POWER STEERING SENSOR 2003 4.7 Durango